If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates in Minneapolis is to do an annual price comparison from insurers in Minnesota. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
First, try to learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates like careless driving and a low credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for more details to help prevent high rates and find missing discounts.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies. View prices
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new agent or company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who compare rates once a year are likely to switch auto insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A study showed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved approximately $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding discount rates on car insurance in Minneapolis is your target objective, then learning about how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If you’re already insured or just want to save money, take advantage of these tips to reduce the price you pay without reducing protection. Buying the cheapest insurance in Minneapolis is really not that difficult. Shoppers just have to use how to buy insurance online.
Best Chevy TrailBlazer insurance price quotes in Minnesota
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Minnesota. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Minneapolis, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the most competitive price.
Get discounts on Minneapolis insurance
Some companies don’t always list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden ways to save on insurance.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but certain companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a Minneapolis car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in defensive driving can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, good student, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, military active duty, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- USAA has discounts for good student, annual mileage, family discount, vehicle storage, and loyalty savings.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, good driver, multi-vehicle, early bird, accident-free, defensive driver, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance may offer discounts for online shopper, online quote, renters, paid-in-full, Pac-12 alumni, DriveSense, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for alternative fuel, mature driver, teen driver, homeowner, distant student, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, driver’s education, student away at school, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be offered everywhere.
Compare rates but buy from a neighborhood Minneapolis auto insurance agent
Many drivers still like to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agents is important especially in Minneapolis.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Minneapolis that can provide free Minneapolis car insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
When finding a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Minneapolis agents can be described as either exclusive or independent. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn how they differ because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to check rates from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Minneapolis that may be able to give price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Minneapolis that can give you rate quotes.
State Farm: Seth Bork Insurance Agency Incorporated
8347 University Ave NE D – Minneapolis, MN 55432 – (763) 780-2222 – View Map
Deciding on a insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Cheaper insurance premiums are possible
Lower-priced Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Minneapolis can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Minneapolis car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We just showed you a lot of information how to get a better price on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Minneapolis. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Escape in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Minneapolis Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)