To save the most money, the best way to get discount Land Rover Range Rover insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Minneapolis. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as careless driving and a poor credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Range Rover coverage is available in Minneapolis. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, put the certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Consumers who do rate comparisons are likely to buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared prices once a year saved as much as $865 a year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly Land Rover Range Rover insurance is your ultimate objective, knowing the best way to shop and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
Our objective in writing this article is to instruct you on how to compare rates easily and also save some money in the process If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to save money using the tips covered below. But Minnesota vehicle owners must learn how companies calculate your car insurance rates and use it to find better rates.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Minneapolis is to understand car insurance companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like your general credit rating, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, what you do for a living, and driver details. That rating information gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and they provide comparison quotes instantly.
To check rates for your Land Rover Range Rover now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Minnesota. To buy the best auto insurance in Minneapolis, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Why you need Land Rover vehicle insurance in Minnesota
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Land Rover in Minneapolis, insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Land Rover has a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Land Rover at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Range Rover definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $850 per year so shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How Your Range Rover Insurance Costs are Determined
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although others are not as apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are some of the most common factors that factor into your rate level.
- Demanding employer may mean higher premiums – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like fire fighters, police officers, and medical professionals generally have the highest average rates due to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations such as actors, historians and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- Gender matters – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males are responsible for fender benders at about the same rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Bundle home and auto and save – Some insurance companies afford discounts to people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Never have car insurance lapses – Driving without insurance is not a good idea and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Lower rates come with age – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be more careless with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Big cities have higher premiums – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when talking about car insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Drive a fast car and pay more – The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. Lower cost passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
Insurance losses for a Land Rover Range Rover – Auto insurance companies use claims history to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that statistically have higher number or severity of losses will cost more to insure.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Land Rover Range Rover Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD 159 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD 143 139 127 75 73 120 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD 169 116 332 34 104 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD 223 397 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD 166 103 252 47 46 88BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for affordable insurance quotes
Some insurers don’t always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with cheaper premium rates.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap Range Rover insurance.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your insurance provider.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers may qualify for better insurance rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers that enable their insurance company to scrutinize driving manner by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- College Student – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Minneapolis and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, good student, multiple policy, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Travelers may include discounts for multi-policy, new car, multi-car, continuous insurance, student away at school, payment discounts, and IntelliDrive.
- American Family offers discounts for bundled insurance, early bird, accident-free, mySafetyValet, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new graduate, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, safety features, exclusive group savings, and teen driver discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Minneapolis, follow this link.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Minneapolis.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents in Minneapolis who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered to you. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, just visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
What types of car insurance agents are in Minneapolis?
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they function. Minneapolis agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent to have the best price comparison. Most also write with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Minneapolis that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Abdullahi Ahmed Insurance Agency
1113 E Franklin Ave # 104 – Minneapolis, MN 55404 – (612) 432-9142 – View Map
- Horizon Agency Inc
11000 W 78th St – Minneapolis, MN 55423 – (952) 944-2929 – View Map
- Dedicated Insurance
2736 Lyndale Ave S – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 872-4004 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Minneapolis exclusive agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance: Karl Herman
3017 W 56th St – Minneapolis, MN 55410 – (612) 455-8844 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lois A. Castaneda
127 W Grant St, # C – Minneapolis, MN 55403 – (612) 871-6830 – View Map
- Nathan Dao – State Farm Insurance Agent
220 South 6th St #180 – Minneapolis, MN 55402 – (612) 338-6422 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Any agent in Minneapolis should have no problem answering these questions:
- What insurance companies do they work with in Minneapolis?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Minneapolis?
- How long has their agency been open in Minneapolis?
- Does their agency support local causes in Minneapolis?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal or lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Some insurance companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies. Low-cost Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Minneapolis can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Minneapolis, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at these sites:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Auto Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Minneapolis Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)