How long has it been since you compared the cheapest Buick Regal insurance in Minneapolis? Overpriced insurance in Minneapolis can stress out your monthly budget, especially in this economy. Comparing rate quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to make ends meet.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who rate shop once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there is a significant possibility of finding better rates. A recent survey discovered that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding budget-friendly Buick Regal insurance is why you’re here, learning how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can help simplify the process.
How to find the cheapest rates for Buick Regal insurance in Minneapolis
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest Buick Regal insurance is to regularly compare prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Minneapolis.
- Read and learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Minneapolis. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A key point to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with every company you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
With so many insurance companies to choose from that have lower-cost insurance for a Buick Regal in Minneapolis, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the lowest cost insurance company.
Our goal is to help educate you on how auto insurance companies operate. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the techniques presented in this article. Smart shoppers only need an understanding of the proper way to compare different rates instantly.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Minnesota. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Minnesota, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Insurance is expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some must be asked about before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors may qualify for a slight reduction on a Minneapolis car insurance quote.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Minneapolis car insurance quote.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, defensive driving training, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include homeowner, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, good student, switch companies, multi-car, and mature driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, military active duty, membership and employees, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, early bird, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, good driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including easy pay, multi-policy, family plan, accident-free, defensive driving, and business or organization.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer free Buick Regal insurance quotes in Minnesota, click this link.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Buick Regal in Minneapolis, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Minnesota and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will require that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Buick. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Minneapolis car insurance companies ranked
Choosing the highest-rated car insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Minnesota. The company rank data listed below could help you decide which companies to look at when comparing rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood agents is especially important in Minneapolis.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that can provide free Minneapolis car insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
When looking for a local Minneapolis insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agents in Minneapolis can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, you should always compare prices from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below are Minneapolis independent agencies that may be able to give comparison quotes.
Cheap Car Insurance Minneapolis Auto Insurance Agency
2227 W 21st St – Minneapolis, MN 55405 – (612) 425-1616 – View Map
2736 Lyndale Ave S – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 872-4004 – View Map
Agents of this type write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Minneapolis that are able to give price quote information.
Choosing the best insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Minneapolis?
- How many years have they been established?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- What companies can they write with?
Insurance coverage options for a Buick Regal
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Buick Regal.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (30/60/10 in Minnesota), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, dental work, nursing services, X-ray expenses and EMT expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 30/60/10 that means you have $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as legal defense fees, loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, medical services and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Minnesota state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Coverage for collisions
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Regal to save money on collision insurance.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a bird, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.