The preferred way to save on car insurance rates in Minneapolis is to annually compare prices from companies who provide auto insurance in Minnesota.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. View companies
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper CTS coverage is available in Minneapolis. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Immediately place the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unbelievable but true, most car insurance customers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Drivers in Minnesota could pocket almost 50% a year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Our objective in writing this article is to help you learn how to get online quotes and also save some money in the process If you’re already insured, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas presented in this article. You just need to know the proper way to compare different rates online.
Lowering your Cadillac CTS auto insurance rates is not a difficult process. The only requirement is to take time to compare rate quotes from some recommended companies.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it replaces the need to call or drive to insurance agencies in your area. Doing it all online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the professional advice that only an agent can give. You can, however, get prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Minnesota. If you want cheaper car insurance in Minneapolis, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Minnesota but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your CTS, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Cadillac at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Cadillac CTS but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your CTS outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $850 per year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Cadillac CTS coverage analysis
The premium information shown below outlines different insurance prices for Cadillac CTS models. Learning a little about how insurance prices are calculated can benefit drivers when making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CTS Luxury AWD||$238||$550||$358||$22||$108||$1,276||$106|
|CTS Performance AWD||$238||$550||$358||$22||$108||$1,276||$106|
|CTS Premium AWD||$264||$550||$358||$22||$108||$1,302||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Minneapolis garaging location which can raise or lower prices considerably.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The diagram below shows how violations and at-fault collisions can raise Cadillac CTS auto insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Minneapolis insurance discounts for a Cadillac CTS
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Minneapolis car insurance online.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Cadillac CTS insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may have some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
When getting free Minneapolis car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not be available in Minneapolis. To see auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Minneapolis, click here to view.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Minneapolis car insurance agents?
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Minneapolis.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
When searching for a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent. Either type can handle insurance, but it’s good to learn how they differ because it can influence your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they can write business with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you contact a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Minneapolis who may provide comparison quotes.
Seguros Amezcua Insurance Agency, Inc
6418 Bass Lake Rd #4 – Minneapolis, MN 55428 – (612) 465-0400 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. These agents are well schooled on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Minneapolis that can give you rate quotes.
American Family Insurance – Patrick Fagerlee Agency Inc
3910 Central Ave NE – Minneapolis, MN 55421 – (763) 789-6201 – View Map
State Farm: Seth Bork Insurance Agency Incorporated
8347 University Ave NE D – Minneapolis, MN 55432 – (763) 780-2222 – View Map
Picking a car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Does the agent help file claims?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
We just covered a lot of information how to compare Cadillac CTS insurance prices in Minneapolis. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Cheaper car insurance in Minneapolis is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Minneapolis, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
When searching for affordable Minneapolis car insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Minneapolis Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minneapolis Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Minneapolis Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minneapolis Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)