Truthfully, the best way to get budget auto insurance rates in Minneapolis is to start comparing rates regularly from companies in Minnesota.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about car insurance and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Minneapolis. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new carrier. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s shocking but the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in Minnesota being $2,242, drivers could save as much as 50% a year, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
Our objective in writing this article is to tell you how to compare rates easily and how you can save the most money. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas you’re about to read. Drivers only need to know the proper way to compare prices from many different companies.
Companies offering low-cost Chevy City Express price quotes in Minneapolis, MN
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Minneapolis, MN. To locate cheaper car insurance in Minneapolis, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Chevy City Express insurance rates and statistics
The rate information shown next covers a range of insurance premium costs for Chevy City Express models. Learning as much as possible about how policy rates are calculated helps drivers make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|City Express Cargo 2500 2WD||$184||$350||$358||$22||$108||$1,022||$85|
|City Express Cargo 1500 2WD||$184||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,098||$92|
|City Express Cargo 3500 2WD||$210||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,124||$94|
|City Express 2500 LT 2WD||$210||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,124||$94|
|City Express 2500 2WD||$210||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,124||$94|
|City Express 2500 LS 2WD||$210||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,124||$94|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$210||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,124||$94|
|City Express Cargo 1500 AWD||$210||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,124||$94|
|City Express 1500 LS 2WD||$210||$426||$358||$22||$108||$1,124||$94|
|City Express 1500 LS AWD||$210||$502||$358||$22||$108||$1,200||$100|
|City Express 1500 AWD||$210||$502||$358||$22||$108||$1,200||$100|
|City Express 1500 LT 2WD||$210||$502||$358||$22||$108||$1,200||$100|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$210||$502||$358||$22||$108||$1,200||$100|
|City Express Cargo 2500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$502||$358||$22||$108||$1,228||$102|
|City Express 3500 LT 2WD||$238||$502||$358||$22||$108||$1,228||$102|
|City Express 3500 LS 2WD||$238||$502||$358||$22||$108||$1,228||$102|
|City Express 3500 2WD||$238||$502||$358||$22||$108||$1,228||$102|
|City Express 1500 LT AWD||$238||$502||$358||$22||$108||$1,228||$102|
|City Express Cargo 3500 Turbo Diesel 2WD||$238||$502||$358||$22||$108||$1,228||$102|
|City Express Cargo 1500 Turbo Diesel AWD||$238||$502||$358||$22||$108||$1,228||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific location which can impact premiums substantially.
The example below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Chevy City Express premium costs for different age categories. The information is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Poor driving habits will raise your insurance rates
The chart below illustrates how violations and fender-benders increase Chevy City Express car insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy City Express car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set rule for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy City Express claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $200 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Some companies do not advertise every discount available very well, so below is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Multiple Cars – Having multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors may qualify for reduced rates.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevy City Express premium costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
For a list of insurers with the best discounts in Minneapolis, click this link.
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
Gender as a rate factor – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Both sexes tend to get into fender benders at a similar rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Chevy City Express insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no accidents or driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Lower auto insurance rates by staying claim free – Car insurance companies in Minnesota generally give most affordable rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a significant other may earn you lower rates when buying auto insurance. It generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Long commutes cost more – Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. Most companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. An improperly rated City Express may be costing you. Ask your agent if your policy properly reflects the right rating data.
- Certain occupations pay higher rates – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Jobs such as real estate brokers, architects, and financial analysts tend to have the highest rates attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations like actors, students and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Some auto insurance companies will give discounts to clients who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to compare Chevy City Express rates in Minneapolis to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still save more without the discount by buying auto insurance from a different company.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Many people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local agents is important especially in Minneapolis.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Minneapolis that can give you free Minneapolis car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Shown below are agents in Minneapolis willing to provide price quotes for Chevy City Express insurance in Minneapolis.
Bernie Glover Insurance Agency
2520 Lowry Ave N – Minneapolis, MN 55411 – (612) 522-6531 – View Map
2736 Lyndale Ave S – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 872-4004 – View Map
Choosing a provider shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Minneapolis, get answers to these questions.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Minneapolis?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Once you have received positive feedback to any questions you may have and cheaper City Express insurance quotes, you may have just found a company that can be relied on to adequately provide insurance.
How much can you save?
Affordable Chevy City Express insurance in Minneapolis is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
When getting Minneapolis car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost.
Additional information is available below:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)