It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who rate shop once a year are highly likely to switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A study discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to policyholders who didn’t regularly shop around.
If saving the most money on car insurance is the reason for your visit, knowing the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
The easiest way to find cheaper quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Minneapolis is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers who sell auto insurance in Minnesota.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a poor credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover instructions to get better rates and find overlooked discounts.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Cruze coverage is available in Minneapolis. If you find better rates and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. Once received, store the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important note is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Chevy Cruze insurance in Minneapolis
Some insurers don’t always list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Esurance may include discounts for multi-policy, online shopper, anti-lock brakes, good driver, online quote, good student, and emergency road assistance.
- The Hartford has savings for defensive driver, bundle, air bag, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, good student, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for air bags, good student, driver training, emergency military deployment, and anti-theft.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, multiple policy, student away at school, good student, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
If you want the cheapest Chevrolet Cruze rate quotes, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with the best Chevy Cruze insurance discounts in Minneapolis, follow this link.
Where can I get the cheapest Minneapolis Chevy Cruze insurance?
To find low cost rates, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from different Minneapolis insurance companies. The best way to find affordable Chevy Cruze insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates will improve the odds of getting better pricing.
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in Minneapolis, MN. To buy cheap auto insurance in Minneapolis, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Can’t I compare rates from local Minneapolis auto insurance agents?
A lot of people would rather have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is especially important in Minneapolis.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Minneapolis car insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Minneapolis are classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are Minneapolis independent agents who may provide comparison quotes.
- Alisho Dependable Ins. Agency
1929 S 5th St #104 – Minneapolis, MN 55454 – (612) 354-2576 – View Map
- A Act One Auto Insurance Agency
2925 Glenhurst Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55416 – (612) 722-8010 – View Map
- Shamrock Agencies
1 Groveland Terrace #102 – Minneapolis, MN 55403 – (952) 474-0929 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Minneapolis that can give you rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Matthew Nye
2104 Stevens Ave #309 – Minneapolis, MN 55404 – (612) 979-2330 – View Map
- State Farm: Seth Bork Insurance Agency Incorporated
8347 University Ave NE D – Minneapolis, MN 55432 – (763) 780-2222 – View Map
- Moon Lai – State Farm Insurance Agent
2718 Nicollet Ave #204 – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 870-0800 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
Persistence pays off
We just showed you many ways to compare Chevy Cruze insurance premium rates in Minneapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, lack of trust in their agent, unfair underwriting practices or even high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
When you buy Minneapolis auto insurance online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minneapolis Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Minneapolis Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)