Unthinkable but true, nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in Minnesota could cut their rates by 50% a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don’t grasp how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get more affordable Nissan 370Z insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Minneapolis. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates like multiple speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on 370Z insurance. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Locating the best rates in Minneapolis is not rocket science. If you have a current insurance policy, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using these techniques. Although Minnesota drivers need to have an understanding of how insurance companies determine premium rates because rates are impacted by many factors.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area helps increase your odds of locating the best rates. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so it’s important to compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Minnesota. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Coverage statistics and figures
The table displayed below outlines estimates of insurance policy prices for Nissan 370Z models. Being able to understand how insurance prices are figured can help you make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$272||$644||$434||$26||$130||$1,506||$126|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$302||$644||$384||$22||$114||$1,466||$122|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$302||$728||$434||$26||$130||$1,620||$135|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$302||$644||$384||$22||$114||$1,466||$122|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$302||$814||$434||$26||$130||$1,706||$142|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise coverage prices noticeably.
How careless driving impacts Minneapolis insurance rates
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can impact Nissan 370Z insurance costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though Minneapolis 370Z insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your Nissan 370Z and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Nissan gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $820 a year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Nissan 370Z Insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes just a few of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Better credit means lower premiums – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Nissan 370Z by improving your rating. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Single vs. married – Getting married may cut your premiums when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Battle of the sexes – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Men and women get in auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys cause more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Nissan 370Z annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
- Eliminate unneeded extra policy coverages – There are quite a few extra coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Certain employers pay higher prices – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers such as real estate brokers, architects, and emergency personnel tend to have higher rates than the rest of us due to high stress and long work hours. Other professions such as farmers, students and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Nissan 370Z insurance loss statistics – Companies use historical loss data to help calculate premium prices. Models that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more to insure.
The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Nissan 370Z vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan 370Z Vehicles Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan 370Z 2dr 164 88 132 91 88 Nissan 370Z Convertible 129 73BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance policy discounts for Nissan 370Z insurance in Minneapolis
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a defensive driver course could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The illustration below compares Nissan 370Z insurance prices with and without policy discounts. The costs are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, multiple autos, good driver, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, and good student.
- Farm Bureau discounts include good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, seat belt use, anti-theft, defensive driver, and military active duty.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include drive less, anti-theft, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
If you want inexpensive Minneapolis auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply to policies in Minneapolis.
Shop online but buy locally
Some people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Minneapolis who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
When finding a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents work for only one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Minneapolis who may provide you with price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance – Gretchen Frana
5445 S 28th Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55417 – (612) 724-4309 – View Map
- Jeff Meyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
4316 S Upton Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55410 – (612) 920-2340 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Ed Scislow
5208 Bloomington Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55417 – (612) 353-5410 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you contact independent agents for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Minneapolis that are able to give price quotes.
- Abdullahi Ahmed Insurance Agency
1113 E Franklin Ave # 104 – Minneapolis, MN 55404 – (612) 432-9142 – View Map
- Oakwood Insurance Inc
5188 Central Ave NE – Minneapolis, MN 55421 – (763) 862-4800 – View Map
- Seguros Amezcua Insurance Agency, Inc
6418 Bass Lake Rd #4 – Minneapolis, MN 55428 – (612) 465-0400 – View Map
If you receive reasonable responses for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
Ratings for Minneapolis auto insurance companies
Selecting the top auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many choices there are in Minnesota. The information listed below can help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Affordable auto insurance is out there
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal or unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to find affordable Nissan 370Z insurance in Minneapolis. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Minneapolis Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)