The best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Minneapolis is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies that insure vehicles in Minnesota. You can shop around by following these steps.
- First, read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and a negative credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The critical component of shopping around is to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Unbelievably, over 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Minnesota drivers could cut their rates by 50% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rates.
Cheapest Chevy Bolt EV insurance rate quotes in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance. Some smaller insurers do not give Minneapolis Bolt EV insurance quotes online, so it’s important to also get price quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Minnesota. In order to find the best car insurance in Minneapolis, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Bolt EV in Minneapolis, insurance is mandatory in Minnesota but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Bolt EV, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheaper Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Minneapolis with discounts
Some companies do not list every available discount very well, so here is a list a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Bolt EV is cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select insurance companies give a discount for switching companies early. This can save 10% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have better insurance rates if you take out life insurance.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children living away from Minneapolis attending college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their insurance company to spy on driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Popular insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Esurance discounts include emergency road assistance, renters, Switch & Save, online quote, good student, Pac-12 alumni, and multi-car.
- The Hartford offers discounts including anti-theft, bundle, driver training, good student, and air bag.
- AAA may have discounts that include pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for five-year accident-free, federal employee, defensive driver, good student, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, good driver, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
If you need the cheapest Chevrolet Bolt EV rate quotes, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere.
Different people need different insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Minnesota?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chevy Bolt EV?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Minneapolis car insurance companies
Buying coverage from a high-quality company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Minneapolis. The company ratings shown below could help you pick which companies you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance