It’s a known fact that auto insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding lower rate quotes. A study discovered that people who regularly shopped around saved approximately $865 annually compared to policyholders who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance in Minneapolis is your ultimate goal, then knowing the best way to shop and compare insurance can make the process more efficient.
To save the most money, the best way to get budget Chevy Sonic insurance in Minneapolis is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Minnesota. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze every company you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
The method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Chevy Sonic insurance in Minneapolis takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information like how your vehicles are used, whether or not you need a SR-22, if you have an active license, and how much coverage you want. That information is automatically sent to multiple car insurance providers and they return quotes almost instantly.
To compare multiple company affordable Chevy Sonic insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Minneapolis.
The following companies can provide quotes in Minnesota. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Minneapolis, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
These discounts can lower Chevy Sonic insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates compared to frequent claim filers.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total Sonic insurance premium.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow companies to scrutinize where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn substantially lower rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Online Discount – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on the internet.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for location of vehicle, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, and ease of repair.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, business or organization, accident-free, defensive driving, good student, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-theft, good student, federal employee, military active duty, multi-policy, membership and employees, and emergency military deployment.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, education and occupation, good driver, and multi-policy.
If you want cheaper Minneapolis car insurance quotes, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Minneapolis. For a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Minnesota, click here to view.
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Minneapolis, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your Chevy Sonic and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Sonic more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Car insurance agents can help
Some people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Minneapolis that give free quotes for your business. You won’t need to contact an agency because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Selecting a insurer is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.