If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance in Minneapolis is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Minnesota.
- Try to learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as accidents, traffic violations, and your credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources. Select a company
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and maximum price selection.
A recent study showed that a large majority of car insurance policyholders have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many drivers in Minneapolis can cut their rates by up to $1,000 a year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to shop around.
All major insurance companies allow you to get price estimates online. Doing online price comparisons for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Minneapolis is fairly simple as you simply type in your coverage preferences into the form. When complete, the company’s rating system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and generates pricing information based on these and other factors.
Getting online rates for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Minneapolis makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to get the lowest payment possible.
In order to find out how much you can save on insurance, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Minnesota. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Minneapolis, MN, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Save money by applying discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Renewal Discounts – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Minneapolis auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate permit an accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include membership and employees, military active duty, anti-theft, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for accident prevention training, drive less, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and homeowner.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, safe vehicle, good student, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- 21st Century has savings for air bags, defensive driver, student driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, homeowners, and early bird.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
If you are trying to find affordable Chevrolet Spark EV insurance quotes, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Minneapolis. To view companies that offer multiple discounts in Minnesota, click this link.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Minneapolis, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $800 each year so shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance company ratings
Ending up with the best insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies there are to choose from in Minneapolis. The company information displayed below could help you pick which car insurance companies to look at buying from.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Auto insurance agents near you
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheaper premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Minneapolis that can provide free Minneapolis auto insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an insurer should depend on more than just the price. Any agent in Minneapolis should have no problem answering these questions:
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long has their agency been in business in Minneapolis?