If you are new to online car insurance, you can be overwhelmed by the large number of insurers competing for your business.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who compare rates annually are highly likely to switch companies because of the good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent car insurance study revealed that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best price on car insurance in Minneapolis is your ultimate target, learning the best way to compare auto insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Chevy SS insurance in Minneapolis
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Minneapolis auto insurance online.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Early Switch Discount – Some car insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current SS insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new SS can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts include:
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, federal employee, military active duty, driver training, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, professional/association, accident-free, age of vehicle, anti-theft, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, multi-car, bundle discounts, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, switch companies, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, paperless, good student, air bags, and group or association.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for preferred payment discount, multi-policy, newly married, exclusive group savings, and new move discount.
- SAFECO offers discounts including drive less, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, safe driver, and multi-car.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, and good student.
- USAA may have discounts that include loyalty savings, annual mileage, new vehicle, family discount, good student, and multi-vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Minneapolis, click this link.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates for Chevy SS insurance in Minneapolis is to know the trick car insurance companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. All you need to do is provide a little information like your education level, driver ages, which vehicles you own, and your job. Your insurance information is automatically sent to multiple insurance providers and you will receive price estimates very quickly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here then complete the form.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Minnesota. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Car insurance agents near you
Certain consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from neighborhood agents is still important in Minneapolis.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Minneapolis who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to you directly. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to compare rates for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Listed below is a short list of insurers in Minneapolis that may be willing to give rate quotes for Chevy SS insurance in Minneapolis.
- Allstate Insurance: Ed Scislow
5208 Bloomington Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55417 – (612) 353-5410 – View Map
- Erickson Insurance Agency
8525 Edinbrook Crossing #401 – Minneapolis, MN 55443 – (763) 657-7608 – View Map
- True Insurance Agency and Financial Services – Minneapolis Home and Auto Insurance
4708 Excelsior Blvd – St Louis Park, MN 55416 – (952) 388-2006 – View Map
- Landreau Insurance Group Inc
2615 E Franklin Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55406 – (612) 276-7035 – View Map
Picking an company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Minneapolis?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Minnesota?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
Cover all your bases
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More affordable car insurance in Minneapolis can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.
You just learned a lot of ways to reduce Chevy SS insurance rates online in Minneapolis. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Minneapolis auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Steps to buying cheaper Chevy SS insurance in Minneapolis
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Chevy SS insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies in Minneapolis.
- First, gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher rates like speeding and a low credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at these sites:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Car Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Minneapolis Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)