It’s a fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who compare rates at least once a year are very likely to move their business because there is a good probability of finding lower rate quotes. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared prices regularly saved over $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance is the reason you’re here, then having an understanding of how to shop and compare insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
To save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Acura TLX insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Minneapolis. You can shop around by following these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides additional tips to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for many different companies. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Minneapolis. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, store the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. The intent of this article is to instruct you on how to compare rates easily and how to save the most money. Although Minnesota drivers need to learn how big insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
How to compare Acura TLX insurance quotes in Minneapolis, Minnesota
To find low cost Minneapolis car insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rates from companies that offer car insurance in Minnesota. The easiest way by far to do a complete rate comparison is to jump online and get quotes. When price shopping your coverage, quoting more will increase your chances of finding a lower rate. Not every company provides online price quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare rates from them, too.
The companies shown below offer price quotes in Minnesota. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Minnesota, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Insurance agencies near you
Many drivers still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower auto insurance rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is especially important in Minneapolis.
After completing this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you want a local Minneapolis insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures from which to choose. Car insurance agents in Minneapolis may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you check rates from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Minneapolis that can give you price quotes.
- Minneapolis Insurance Specialists Team
333 N Washington Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55401 – (612) 460-7796 – View Map
- CBIZ Associated Insurance Agents
2800 Freeway Blvd – Minneapolis, MN 55430 – (763) 549-2200 – View Map
- True Insurance Agency and Financial Services – Minneapolis Home and Auto Insurance
4708 Excelsior Blvd – St Louis Park, MN 55416 – (952) 388-2006 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents work for only one company like State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Minneapolis that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Julie Nadeau – State Farm Insurance Agent
7801 E Bush Lake Rd #200 – Minneapolis, MN 55439 – (952) 937-2020 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Katie Bard
5459 Nicollet Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55419 – (612) 345-7900 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lois A. Castaneda
127 W Grant St, # C – Minneapolis, MN 55403 – (612) 871-6830 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What companies can they write with?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
Auto insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from the highest-rated company can be difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in Minnesota. The company ratings displayed below could help you select which auto insurers to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+