Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who shop for lower prices are highly likely to move their business because they have good chances of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey found that consumers who shopped around annually saved approximately $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving the most money on Kia Borrego insurance is the reason for your visit, then understanding how to compare insurance rates can help make the process easier.
The recommended way to get more affordable Kia Borrego insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in Minneapolis. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available in Minneapolis. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with every insurance company. This ensures a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Lowering your Kia Borrego insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. Just spend a little time comparing price quotes to discover which company has inexpensive Minneapolis car insurance quotes.
Getting quotes online is very simple and it makes it a waste of time to spend time driving to all the different Minneapolis insurance agencies. Quoting Kia Borrego insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the advice and guidance of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Minnesota. To find the best car insurance in Minneapolis, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
What Affects Kia Borrego Insurance Rates?
Many factors are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The items below are most of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Big cities have higher rates – Having an address in a small town can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer people means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Spending more time driving means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Only buy coverage you need – Policies have optional add-on coverages that can waste your money on your Borrego policy. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, accidental death, and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some coverage claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, hitting a deer, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if the claim is covered. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Keep prices low by being claim-free – Companies in Minnesota award the lowest premiums to people who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Rates are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance of the car or truck you drive makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest rates are usually found on smaller low performance passenger cars, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Liability protection preserves assets – Liability coverage will protect you when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Kia Borrego with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Minnesota is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so we recommend shopping around every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Minnesota car insurance company ratings
Choosing the right auto insurance provider is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in Minneapolis. The information listed below can help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+