Finding better insurance prices for a Kia K900 in Minnesota can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Kia and get the lowest possible price.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around for better prices will most likely switch to a new company because they have good chances of finding lower prices. A study discovered that people who routinely compared rates saved on average $850 each year compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding discount rates on car insurance in Minneapolis is your ultimate goal, knowing the best ways to find and compare insurance coverage can make shopping around easier.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because car insurance prices change regularly. Even if you think you had the best price on Kia K900 insurance in Minneapolis six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use online quotes to buy cheaper Kia K900 insurance in Minneapolis.
Comparing rates for cheaper auto insurance policy in Minneapolis is not that difficult. If you have coverage now or just want cheaper rates, take advantage of these tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. You just have to use the most effective way to compare rates from many different companies.
The quickest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact almost all companies have advanced systems to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is take a few minutes to give details such as how your vehicles are used, if the vehicle is leased, your credit rating estimate, and driver ages. The data gets sent immediately to many of the top insurers and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
To find lower lower-cost Kia K900 insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Minnesota. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Minneapolis, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
You may qualify for discounts for Kia K900 insurance in Minneapolis
Some insurers don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with select insurance companies.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Kia could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used K900 may earn a small discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you low cost Kia K900 insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of auto insurance companies will give a small break for signing up on the web.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- Travelers offers discounts including multi-car, payment discounts, good student, save driver, driver training, and continuous insurance.
- 21st Century includes discounts for good student, 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, driver training, and early bird.
- State Farm may include discounts for driver’s education, multiple policy, student away at school, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, membership and employees, multi-policy, anti-theft, and driver training.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including teen safe driver, anti-theft, multi-car, teen safety rewards, drive less, and bundle discounts.
- AAA has savings for pay-in-full, multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in every state.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though Minneapolis K900 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Kia K900 has a loan, most banks will require that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects not only your Kia K900 but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your Kia gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to find a good Minneapolis car insurance company
Picking the top insurance company is hard considering how many different companies sell coverage in Minneapolis. The company rank data shown next can help you pick which providers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
When do I need to have guidance from an insurance agency?
A small number of people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Minneapolis.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Minneapolis that can provide free Minneapolis car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different types of agents to choose from. Minneapolis agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you check rates from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Minneapolis independent agents that can possibly get you free car insurance quotes.
- Shamrock Agencies
1 Groveland Terrace #102 – Minneapolis, MN 55403 – (952) 474-0929 – View Map
- Seguros Amezcua Insurance Agency, Inc
6418 Bass Lake Rd #4 – Minneapolis, MN 55428 – (612) 465-0400 – View Map
- Glover Insurance Agency
2520 NE Lowry Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55411 – (612) 284-3227 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to use the same agent mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Minneapolis willing to provide rate quotes.
- Jerry Vang – State Farm Insurance Agent
701 4th Ave S #220 – Minneapolis, MN 55415 – (612) 338-6400 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Travis Marcellus
2846 Johnson St NE – Minneapolis, MN 55418 – (612) 789-4341 – View Map
- State Farm: Brandon Walter
222 S 9th St #270 – Minneapolis, MN 55402 – (612) 843-8444 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How long has their agency been in business in Minneapolis?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Once you have answers to your satisfaction as well as a affordable price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that is professional and can properly service your car insurance policy. Keep in mind you have the power to cancel coverage any time you want so never feel you are locked into your new company with no way out.