No one looks forward to buying auto insurance, especially when they are aware that the cost is too high.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who compare rates once a year are very likely to move their business because there are good odds of finding more affordable rates. A survey found that drivers who shopped around saved $865 annually compared to those who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in Minneapolis is your objective, then having some knowledge of how to compare coverage rates can save time and money.
Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because insurance prices trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Lexus ES 300h insurance in Minneapolis six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. You’ll find a ton of advice on ES 300h insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you a lot of great tips on how to find cheap auto insurance in Minneapolis.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive rates in Minnesota
The following companies can provide free rate quotes in Minnesota. To buy the cheapest car insurance in MN, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts can help lower rates on Lexus ES 300h insurance in Minneapolis
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every policy discount very well, so the following list contains a few of the more common as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your home and auto policies with one insurance company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper ES 300h insurance.
- E-sign Discounts – Some larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow companies to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for distant student, early shopping, mature driver, switch companies, and homeowner.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, multiple autos, defensive driving training, good driver, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new graduate, good student, safety features, newly married, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, and newly retired.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for accident-free, good student, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
Check with each company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered everywhere. To view providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Minnesota, click here.
Insurance agencies near you
Some consumers still like to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Minneapolis that give free quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Minnesota?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Exclusive and independent Minneapolis car insurance agents
If you need to find a good Minneapolis insurance agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Minneapolis are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Minneapolis exclusive agents who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you include rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Listed below are Minneapolis independent agencies that can give you price quote information.
Seguros Amezcua Insurance Agency, Inc
6418 Bass Lake Rd #4 – Minneapolis, MN 55428 – (612) 465-0400 – View Map
Auto insurance companies ranked
Choosing the right car insurance company is hard considering how many choices you have in Minneapolis. The ranking information in the next section could help you analyze which companies to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Compare but don’t skimp
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just showed you many ideas to lower your Lexus ES 300h insurance auto insurance rates in Minneapolis. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Minneapolis auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with the smaller companies. These smaller insurers often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
How to buy lower priced Lexus ES 300h insurance in Minneapolis
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find lower priced Lexus ES 300h insurance in Minneapolis is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Minnesota. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that increase rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a low credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important part of this process is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Minneapolis Car Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)