I doubt anyone likes having to buy auto insurance, especially when they know they could find better prices if they shop around.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most consumers in Minnesota kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers could cut their rates by approximately $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
How to find cheaper quotes for Lincoln MKC insurance in Minneapolis
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Lincoln MKC insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Minneapolis. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, read about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like traffic violations and your credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Find a Minneapolis insurance agent
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. Immediately keep the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on each price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
There are many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to find a good deal for Lincoln MKC insurance in Minneapolis.
Finding and buying affordable insurance policy in Minneapolis is easy to do. If you are insured now or just want to save money, use these tips to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. You just have to know the most effective way to shop from many different companies.
The majority of larger companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive give prices for coverage directly from their websites. Doing online quotes for Lincoln MKC insurance in Minneapolis is possible for anyone as you just type in the amount of coverage you want into the form. Upon sending the form, the system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and quotes a price based on these and other factors. Using the web to get rates for Lincoln MKC insurance in Minneapolis makes it simple to compare prices and it’s very important to do this if you are searching for cheaper insurance pricing.
To save time and find out if lower rates are available, check out the insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will have an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Minnesota. To buy cheaper car insurance in Minnesota, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the high cost, paying for auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your MKC, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Lincoln for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Lincoln as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $810 a year so compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
What Affects Lincoln MKC Insurance Premiums?
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. It’s important that you understand some of the things that help determine your premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better insurance rates.
You might get higher prices if you are single – Being married can actually save you money when buying insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Your address can push rates up or down – Choosing to live in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Policy lapses lead to higher premiums – Going without insurance can be a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
You might want pay the inexpensive policy claims yourself – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Minnesota provide the lowest premiums to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Save money by raising deductibles – The deductibles you choose are how much the insured will be required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims would be a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Lincoln MKC statistical loss data – Insurance companies factor in historical loss data when determining insurance rates. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Lincoln MKC vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Specific Lincoln Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 2WD||97||76||69|
|Lincoln MKC 4dr 4WD||99||68||72||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Lincoln MKC insurance in Minneapolis with discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Lincoln MKC insurance rates in Minneapolis.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow companies to analyze driving patterns remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Minneapolis car insurance quote.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for business and professional, youthful driver, bundle discounts, homeowner, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance has savings for online shopper, anti-theft, good driver, anti-lock brakes, emergency road assistance, good student, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, student away at school, good driver, passive restraint, multiple policy, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, membership and employees, good student, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, economy car, premier plus, senior citizen, FullPay discount, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be offered in every state.
Independent or exclusive car insurance agents
A small number of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is definitely important in Minneapolis.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Minneapolis who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You never need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Listed below is a short list of insurers in Minneapolis willing to provide rate quotes for Lincoln MKC insurance in Minneapolis.
Seguros Amezcua Insurance Agency, Inc
6418 Bass Lake Rd #4 – Minneapolis, MN 55428 – (612) 465-0400 – View Map
Finding the right insurer shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
Which auto insurance company is best in Minnesota?
Choosing the right insurer can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Minnesota. The ranking information shown below can help you choose which providers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Don’t give up on affordable rates
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to reduce Lincoln MKC insurance prices online in Minneapolis. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lincoln MKC insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Affordable Lincoln MKC insurance in Minneapolis can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
How to save on Lincoln MKC insurance in Minneapolis
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who sell auto insurance in Minneapolis. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Learn about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and a low credit score can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, put the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
More tips and info about insurance is available by following these links:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)