I doubt anyone fancies paying their premiums for insurance, particularly when the price is too high.
It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Consumers who compare price quotes will probably move their business because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved over $865 a year compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Mazda CX-7 insurance is why you’re here, then learning about the best ways to find and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in finding affordable rates. Insurance companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO constantly bombard you with catchy ads and it can be hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s important to compare premium rates once or twice a year because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best rate on Mazda CX-7 insurance in Minneapolis last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the proper way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Reducing your insurance rates can be quick and easy. You just have to spend a few minutes getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to quote Mazda CX-7 insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the professional assistance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web but buy from a local insurance agent.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Minneapolis, MN. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Minneapolis, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Minneapolis, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your CX-7, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Mazda for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Rates and statistics
The coverage table displayed below covers a range of insurance costs for Mazda CX-7 models. Being more informed about how policy rates are calculated can help guide drivers when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-7 SV 2WD||$130||$268||$358||$22||$108||$886||$74|
|CX-7 Sport 2WD||$146||$268||$358||$22||$108||$902||$75|
|CX-7 Touring 2WD||$146||$268||$358||$22||$108||$902||$75|
|CX-7 Touring 4WD||$146||$316||$358||$22||$108||$950||$79|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 2WD||$164||$316||$358||$22||$108||$968||$81|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 4WD||$164||$316||$358||$22||$108||$968||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific Minneapolis garaging location which can lower or raise prices substantially.
Cost of full coverage in Minneapolis
The information below shows the difference between Mazda CX-7 auto insurance rates with and without full coverage. Data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no exact formula to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Mazda CX-7 replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage in place.
Minneapolis insurance discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current CX-7 insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Minneapolis car insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Save over 55 – Seniors can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids living away from Minneapolis attending college and do not take a car to college can be insured at a reduced rate.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Mazda CX-7 premium costs with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, defensive driving training, passive restraint, student away at school, driver’s education, and good driver.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, good driver, early bird, and air bags.
- GEICO includes discounts for multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, good student, and military active duty.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include defensive driver, early bird, teen driver, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, and online quote discount.
If you want inexpensive Minneapolis car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in every state.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When selecting adequate coverage, there really isn’t a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Mazda CX-7 is totaled?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Should I buy only the required Minnesota minimum liability coverage?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.