Unbelievably, most drivers have been with the same company for at least four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. Minneapolis drivers could save an average of nearly 50% each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to go online and compare rates.
The recommended way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Minneapolis is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Minnesota. This can be done by completing these steps.
First, try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates like speeding and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to determine if you can save on Sable insurance in Minneapolis. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. Locating the best insurance company for you in Minneapolis is actually very simple if you learn how to start. But Minnesota car owners must know how big insurance companies price online insurance because it varies considerably.
The fastest way that we advise to compare policy rates for Mercury Sable insurance in Minneapolis is to know the fact auto insurance companies allow for online access to quote your coverage. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information including how you use your vehicles, deductibles desired, driver ages, and your job. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to many highly-rated insurers and you receive quotes instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Minnesota. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Minneapolis, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Affordable Minneapolis car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can get you a discount because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Early Switch Discount – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current Sable insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Minneapolis auto insurance online.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To locate providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Minneapolis, follow this link.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Minnesota
Even though Minneapolis Sable insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Mercury at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Mercury. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Sable more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Minnesota is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Buying from car insurance agents
Many drivers just prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is important especially in Minneapolis.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
When finding a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they work. Minneapolis agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing car insurance prices, you definitely need to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
Below are Minneapolis independent agents who can help you get free car insurance quotes.
Seguros Amezcua Insurance Agency, Inc
6418 Bass Lake Rd #4 – Minneapolis, MN 55428 – (612) 465-0400 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Minneapolis willing to provide comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Patrick Fagerlee Agency Inc
3910 Central Ave NE – Minneapolis, MN 55421 – (763) 789-6201 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How are claims handled?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Once you have received acceptable answers and locked in a price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.