If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find lower priced Dodge Ram 2500 insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Minneapolis.
- Step 1: Try to understand what is in your policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for information to get cheaper rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Minneapolis. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates will most likely switch companies because the odds are good of finding lower rate quotes. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who routinely compared quotes saved approximately $865 annually compared to policyholders who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest rates on auto insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing how to find companies and compare car insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Minneapolis is actually quite simple. If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using the techniques covered below. Consumers just have to know the most effective way to buy auto insurance online.
Save a ton by getting discounts
Some companies do not list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both the well known and the more hidden discounts that may be available. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Renewal Discounts – A few larger companies offer discounts for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to monitor where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your car insurance premiums.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The costs are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that may include most of the discounts above include:
If you are trying to find inexpensive Minneapolis auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not be offered in your area.
All major insurance companies give prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Minneapolis is fairly simple as you just type in your coverage information into a form. When the form is submitted, the system sends out for credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on the information you submitted.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Minneapolis streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s also necessary to do this if you want to find the most affordable insurance rates.
To save time and find out how much you can save on insurance, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Minneapolis, MN. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Minneapolis, MN, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance rate breakdown
The table displayed next showcases different insurance costs for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Having a better idea how car insurance premiums are determined can benefit drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$218||$384||$366||$22||$110||$1,100||$92|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$218||$442||$366||$22||$110||$1,158||$97|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$218||$442||$366||$22||$110||$1,158||$97|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$218||$442||$366||$22||$110||$1,158||$97|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$218||$442||$366||$22||$110||$1,158||$97|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$218||$442||$366||$22||$110||$1,158||$97|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$244||$384||$366||$22||$110||$1,126||$94|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$244||$442||$366||$22||$110||$1,184||$99|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$244||$442||$366||$22||$110||$1,184||$99|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$244||$384||$366||$22||$110||$1,126||$94|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$244||$384||$366||$22||$110||$1,126||$94|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$244||$500||$366||$22||$110||$1,242||$104|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$244||$500||$366||$22||$110||$1,242||$104|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$244||$384||$366||$22||$110||$1,126||$94|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$244||$384||$366||$22||$110||$1,126||$94|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$244||$384||$366||$22||$110||$1,126||$94|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$268||$442||$366||$22||$110||$1,208||$101|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$268||$442||$366||$22||$110||$1,208||$101|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$268||$442||$366||$22||$110||$1,208||$101|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$268||$442||$366||$22||$110||$1,208||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can impact premium rates significantly.
Safe drivers pay less for insurance
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents impact Dodge Ram 2500 premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Ram 2500 claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $600 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance More Affordably
Lots of things are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the factors that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Save money by having good credit – Having a bad credit rating is likely to be a major factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Dodge Ram 2500 by taking the time to improve your credit score.
Premiums also based on gender – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes cause fender benders in similar numbers, but the males tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Extra policy coverages are wasting money – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Some insurance companies give discounts to clients who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Prices impacted by vehicle usage – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. Having the wrong rating on your Ram 2500 may be costing you higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Do you have enough liability protection? – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Continuous auto insurance coverage lowers premiums – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Location can affect price – Having an address in a rural area is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents. Drivers in populated Minnesota areas have congested traffic and longer commute times. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. You are unique so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What is the ISO rating for a Dodge Ram 2500?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Many people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Minneapolis that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the price. A good agent in Minneapolis will have answers to these questions.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If they are an independent agency in Minneapolis, which companies do they recommend?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they work. Insurance agents in Minneapolis are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well schooled on what they offer which can be an advantage. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Minneapolis who can help you get price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Matthew Nye
2104 Stevens Ave #309 – Minneapolis, MN 55404 – (612) 979-2330 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mohamud Isse
331 E Lake St – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 353-6667 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Natalie Fox
210 N 2nd St #70 – Minneapolis, MN 55401 – (612) 208-0276 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to get insurance quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Minneapolis willing to provide price quotes.
- Erickson Insurance Agency
8525 Edinbrook Crossing #401 – Minneapolis, MN 55443 – (763) 657-7608 – View Map
- Moreno Agency – Innovative Insurance
4748 Chicago Ave #2 – Minneapolis, MN 55407 – (612) 584-0077 – View Map
- CBIZ Associated Insurance Agents
2800 Freeway Blvd – Minneapolis, MN 55430 – (763) 549-2200 – View Map
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Ram 2500 in Minneapolis, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge, most lenders will require you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What is the best car insurance company in Minneapolis?
Buying coverage from a good quality car insurance company can be difficult considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Minneapolis. The company rank data listed below may help you analyze which insurers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
In the end, you can save money
As you quote Minneapolis auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Cost effective Dodge Ram 2500 insurance is attainable online and with local Minneapolis insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Minneapolis Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Minneapolis Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota 4Runner in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)