It’s a fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy are likely to switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey discovered that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved as much as $72 a month compared to people who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding budget-friendly insurance is why you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of how to choose a company and compare insurance rates can save money and time.
To save the most money, the best way to get affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in Minneapolis.
- Gain an understanding of auto insurance and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates like getting speeding tickets and poor credit can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper 124 Spider coverage is available. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Don’t forget to put the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at all possible companies. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Minneapolis can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, you can follow these tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Shoppers only have to learn the proper methods to find the lowest price online.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Minneapolis, MN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Professional agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Minneapolis who will give you quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your house because prices are sent to you. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking a insurer requires you to look at more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
If you get satisfactory answers to all your questions and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located an insurer that is a good match to insure your vehicles. It’s important to know that you can always terminate your policy whenever you wish so don’t assume that you’re stuck with any specific company with no way out.
Minneapolis auto insurance companies ranked
Finding the right auto insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies are available to choose from in Minneapolis. The rank data shown below can help you choose which insurers to look at to insure your vehicles.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies