Overwhelmed by the dozens of insurance companies available to you? Minnesota drivers have such a vast assortment of companies available that it can quickly become hard work to compare premium rates on Ford Five Hundred insurance. Lots of people think Minneapolis is an excellent city in which to live, but expensive insurance can make it nearly impossible to keep a tight budget.
A study showed that the vast majority of insurance customers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Drivers in Minneapolis can cut their rates by nearly 50% a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to take the time to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
It’s a good idea to compare prices every six months because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best price on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Minneapolis a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the quickest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Get cheaper rates with discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% depending on your insurance provider.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying insurance on a new vehicle may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Five Hundred insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may qualify for a slight reduction on a Minneapolis car insurance quote.
- Professional Memberships – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when shopping for insurance.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century has savings for air bags, 55 and older, driver training, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may offer discounts for safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, good student, anti-theft, and good driver.
- AAA discounts include education and occupation, multi-car, AAA membership discount, good student, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-car, newly married, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, and teen driver discount.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To view companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Minnesota, click here.
The are a couple different ways of comparing rates from local Minneapolis auto insurance companies. The recommended way to find cheaper rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing a wide range of rates helps locate more affordable rates.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Minnesota. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in Minneapolis, it’s highly recommended you get prices from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- What happens if I owe more than my Ford Five Hundred is worth?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Does my Ford Five Hundred qualify for pleasure use?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare prices but work with a neighborhood Minneapolis auto insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Minneapolis who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because prices are sent directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to quote rates for a specific company, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How long has their agency been open in Minneapolis?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Minneapolis?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
The following are Minneapolis car insurance companies who can help you get comparison quotes for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Minneapolis.
- Erickson Insurance Agency
8525 Edinbrook Crossing #401 – Minneapolis, MN 55443 – (763) 657-7608 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Patrick Fagerlee Agency Inc
3910 Central Ave NE – Minneapolis, MN 55421 – (763) 789-6201 – View Map
- Dedicated Insurance
2736 Lyndale Ave S – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 872-4004 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Travis Marcellus
2846 Johnson St NE – Minneapolis, MN 55418 – (612) 789-4341 – View Map
More comparisons equals cheap rates
We just presented many ideas to compare Ford Five Hundred insurance prices in Minneapolis. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Lower-priced Ford Five Hundred insurance in Minneapolis can be purchased on the web and with local Minneapolis insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not have price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
How to find the cheapest rates for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Minneapolis
The best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Minneapolis is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in Minnesota.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents and a low credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Five Hundred coverage is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy. Submit a signed application and payment for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, place the new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Inexperienced Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minneapolis Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Males in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)