Finding cheaper coverage rates for Ford Freestyle insurance in Minneapolis may be quite difficult for drivers who are new to comparing prices online. Drivers have so many choices that it can easily become hard work to compare coverage rates on Ford Freestyle insurance.
How to find low-cost Ford Freestyle insurance in Minneapolis
It takes a little time, but the best way to save money on auto insurance rates in Minneapolis is to compare quotes annually from companies who sell insurance in Minnesota. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates like getting speeding tickets and a negative credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. Doing this provides a level playing field and maximum price selection.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Drivers who do rate comparisons are likely to buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that people who compared rates once a year saved $850 each year compared to those who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is your ultimate objective, then having some knowledge of the best way to quote and compare coverages can make shopping around easier.
Keep in mind that comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding lower pricing. Not every company does online rate quotes, so you also need to get price quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Minneapolis, MN. To find cheaper auto insurance in Minneapolis, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Save money with discounts
Some providers don’t always list all their discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new may earn a small discount because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a course in defensive driving could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for renewing your policy before your current Freestyle insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower prices.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But all discounts should help lower the cost of coverage.
Companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask every company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered in every state. To see a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Minneapolis, click here.
Compare rates but still have a neighborhood Minneapolis auto insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does their agency support local causes in Minneapolis?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Minneapolis?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different agency structures from which to choose. Agents in Minneapolis are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Minneapolis willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ed Scislow
5208 Bloomington Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55417 – (612) 353-5410 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Travis Marcellus
2846 Johnson St NE – Minneapolis, MN 55418 – (612) 789-4341 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Steven Wolfson
1516 W Lake St Suite 203 – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 822-1287 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, you should always get some free quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with different regional companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below are Minneapolis independent insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Minneapolis St. Paul Agency Insurance and Risk Management
2469 University Ave W – St Paul, MN 55114 – (651) 647-9665 – View Map
- Dedicated Insurance
2736 Lyndale Ave S – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 872-4004 – View Map
- Abbco Insurance Agency Co.
6227 University Ave NE – Minneapolis, MN 55632 – (763) 571-2880 – View Map
What Determines Ford Freestyle Insurance Prices?
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower auto insurance prices. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Single drivers take more risk – Having a spouse helps lower the price on your policy. It demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Higher physical damage deductibles are cheaper – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims would be colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your auto insurance will be.
Theft deterrents save – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Insurance premiums and vehicle performance – The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Protect more than your Ford Freestyle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Minneapolis, buying insurance is required by state law in Minnesota and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Ford Freestyle with a loan, most banks will require that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Quote. Compare. Save.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Some companies may not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Ford Freestyle insurance in Minneapolis is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in Minneapolis, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
How to find low-cost rates for Ford Freestyle insurance in Minneapolis
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in Minneapolis is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in Minnesota. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many risk factors that increase rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you use similar coverage information on every quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Minneapolis Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)