Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who shop for lower rates will probably switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding lower rate quotes. A recent survey revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved approximately $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best price on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is your ultimate target, then understanding the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
The recommended way to find discount Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Minneapolis. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
First, read about how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
Ford Shelby GT350 insurance quotes comparison
Finding a better price on insurance is not rocket science. Consumers just need to take the time to get quotes to see which company has low cost Minneapolis auto insurance quotes.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rates online that it makes it a waste of time to drive to and from local Minneapolis insurance agencies. Comparing Ford Shelby GT350 insurance rates online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance of a local agency. However, consumers can compare the best prices online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Minneapolis, MN. In order to find cheap car insurance in Minneapolis, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Minneapolis?
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Most are applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before being credited. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Shelby GT350 can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Minneapolis auto insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Sign Online – Many insurance companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on the internet.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings as much as 30%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in Minneapolis may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Insurance companies who might offer most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer online Ford Shelby GT350 insurance quotes in Minnesota, click here to view.
How You Can Control Ford Shelby GT350 Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are considered when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Certain employers raise rates – Jobs like lawyers, social workers, and dentists generally have higher premium rates due to intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Safer cars save money – Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Ford Shelby GT350 scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce rates – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Raise your physical damage deductibles for better costs – Coverage for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance prices – The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest rates will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Are males or females drivers cheaper? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. They both get in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Drive fewer miles and save – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Double check that your declarations sheet shows annual mileage. An improperly rated Shelby GT350 may be costing you.
- Avoid traffic tickets – Whether or not you get tickets can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Just one chargeable violation may cause rates to rise to the point where it’s not affordable. Careful drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. People who have flagrant violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and also buy local.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Minneapolis who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- If they are an independent agency in Minneapolis, which companies do they recommend?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Minneapolis for you
When searching for a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agencies in Minneapolis are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can impact buying decisions.
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are Minneapolis exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing insurance rates, you will want to compare prices from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Minneapolis willing to provide rate quotes.
Cheap Car Insurance Minneapolis Auto Insurance Agency
2227 W 21st St – Minneapolis, MN 55405 – (612) 425-1616 – View Map
Bernie Glover Insurance Agency
2520 Lowry Ave N – Minneapolis, MN 55411 – (612) 522-6531 – View Map
Minnesota car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in Minneapolis. The company ratings shown below could help you choose which car insurance providers to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Cheap auto insurance rates are out there
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheap Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Minneapolis can be purchased online in addition to many Minneapolis insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agents.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Minneapolis Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota 4Runner in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)