Having to pay for expensive car insurance in Minneapolis can deplete your savings and force you to make tough financial choices.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that most consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Minnesota consumers could save an average of almost 50% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy. With consumers having so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be challenging to locate the most cost effective company.
Consumers should take time to do price comparisons quite often due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Minneapolis at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the quickest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Minnesota. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in Minneapolis, MN, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the most affordable price.
Do you qualify for discounts on Hyundai Entourage insurance in Minneapolis?
Some insurers don’t always publicize every discount they offer very well, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Minneapolis auto insurance online.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to look at where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better insurance rates.
- College Student Discount – Children who are attending college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Larger insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including youthful driver, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and driver training.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, passive restraint, anti-theft, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Allstate may offer discounts for utility vehicle, defensive driver, safe driver, teenSMART discount, and senior citizen.
- Nationwide offers discounts for good student, defensive driving, anti-theft, business or organization, and accident-free.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free, multi-policy
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Minneapolis.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, buying car insurance is mandatory in Minnesota but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Hyundai has a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Hyundai. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $825 a year so shop around at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Minneapolis auto insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is definitely important in Minneapolis.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Minneapolis who can give free rate quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork because prices are sent instantly to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
If you’re trying to find a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies to choose from. Agencies in Minneapolis are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can influence the kind of agent you use.
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you definitely need to include price quotes from several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Minneapolis that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
True Insurance Agency and Financial Services – Minneapolis Home and Auto Insurance
4708 Excelsior Blvd – St Louis Park, MN 55416 – (952) 388-2006 – View Map
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are well trained on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Minneapolis that can give you rate quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles. But remember, policyholders can terminate coverage whenever you want so don’t feel you are locked into a policy for any length of time.