It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will probably switch car insurance companies because the odds are good of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey found that drivers who compared prices once a year saved $860 a year compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If saving money on car insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning a little about the best way to compare insurance coverage can save time and money.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost Infiniti I35 insurance in Minneapolis is to compare prices once a year from different companies who sell auto insurance in Minnesota. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and a bad credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Lower rate quotes on Infiniti I35 insurance in Minneapolis with these insurance discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Minneapolis car insurance with a few insurance companies.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course teaching driver safety skills could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- E-sign Discounts – Some of the larger companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
To locate insurers with discount insurance rates in Minnesota, click here.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be relatively painless. Drivers just need to invest a few minutes comparing rates from online providers.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Minneapolis, MN. If you want the best auto insurance in MN, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
It’s not one size fits all
Always remember that when buying your policy, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Is pet coverage available?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Infiniti I35?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Minneapolis?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Getting quotes from local Minneapolis insurance agencies
Many people just want to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is important especially in Minneapolis.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Minneapolis who will give competitive quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you want a local Minneapolis insurance agency, there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can write policy coverage, but we need to point out the difference between them since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below are Minneapolis independent insurance agencies that may be able to give free price quotes.
- RC4 Insurance Agency, LLC
7220 Metro Blvd #150 – Minneapolis, MN 55439 – (952) 896-9542 – View Map
- A Act One Auto Insurance Agency
2925 Glenhurst Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55416 – (612) 722-8010 – View Map
- Seguros Amezcua Insurance Agency, Inc
6418 Bass Lake Rd #4 – Minneapolis, MN 55428 – (612) 465-0400 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. They are well schooled on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Minneapolis who can help you get price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Charles Fritz
2213 Johnson St NE – Minneapolis, MN 55418 – (612) 788-6279 – View Map
- Kim Nybo – State Farm Insurance Agent
2724 University Ave SE – Minneapolis, MN 55414 – (612) 767-7775 – View Map
- Julie Nadeau – State Farm Insurance Agent
7801 E Bush Lake Rd #200 – Minneapolis, MN 55439 – (952) 937-2020 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How long has their agency been in business in Minneapolis?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Where are claims handled?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
After you get good feedback for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you may have found an insurance agency that is a good match to service your policy. Keep in mind policyholders can cancel coverage whenever you wish so don’t assume that you are obligated to a specific agent with no way to switch.
In the end, you can save money
We covered many ideas to reduce Infiniti I35 insurance premium rates online in Minneapolis. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting affordable Minneapolis car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Some insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Lower-priced Infiniti I35 insurance in Minneapolis is definitely available on the web in addition to many Minneapolis insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Additional insurance information is available at the links below
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Minneapolis Car Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)