If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find lower priced Ford Escape insurance in Minneapolis is to regularly compare quotes from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Minnesota.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple sources. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Minneapolis. If you find a better price and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, safely store the certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
An essential thing to point out is that you use the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price quote selection.
A study showed that a large majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. Many consumers in Minneapolis can save as much as 50% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Don’t overlook these Ford Escape insurance discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but some need to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for multiple cars with the same car insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on the internet.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can get reduced rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears you could get a free car insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford Escape insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, military active duty, good student, federal employee, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for IntelliDrive, save driver, hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, multi-car, home ownership, and student away at school.
- Farm Bureau has savings for safe driver, driver training, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for newly retired, newly married, new vehicle discount, new move discount, safety features, and teen driver discount.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, accident-free, good student, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
When getting free Minneapolis car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Minneapolis. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer online Ford Escape insurance quotes in Minneapolis, click here to view.
Many insurance companies make it easy to get price estimates on their websites. Getting Ford Escape insurance prices online is possible for anyone as you simply type in the coverages you want into the form. Once entered, their system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and generates a price.
Quoting online for Ford Escape insurance in Minneapolis simplifies rate comparisons, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to find the lowest payment.
To quickly compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you are getting a fair comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Minnesota. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Minneapolis, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and other information
The premium table displayed next highlights a range of insurance coverage prices for Ford Escape models. Learning more about how policy rates are formulated is important for drivers to make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$164||$282||$254||$14||$76||$790||$66|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$164||$282||$254||$14||$76||$790||$66|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$164||$282||$254||$14||$76||$790||$66|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$188||$282||$254||$14||$76||$814||$68|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$188||$282||$254||$14||$76||$814||$68|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$188||$342||$254||$14||$76||$874||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in your specific Minneapolis location which can raise or lower prices significantly.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Ford Escape annual premium costs for different age groups. Data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Yearly insurance costs for men versus women
The information below shows the comparison of Ford Escape insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford Escape insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive formula to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Escape settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $700 annually to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
How Your Escape Insurance Prices are Determined
Many different elements are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
Defend yourself with liability insurance – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. Insureds that have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Ford Escape by improving your rating.
Less chance of injury means lower premiums – Safer cars get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Ford is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
Lower rates with alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
Insurance loss statistics a Ford Escape – Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Ford Escape vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Escape 4dr 2WD||80||91||83||94||94||92|
|Ford Escape 4dr 4WD||81||84||94||85||90||77|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Many people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Licensed agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get lower prices and also buy local. Buying insurance from local agents is definitely important in Minneapolis.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can give you free Minneapolis car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent to you. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a local Minneapolis insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that you can select. Agents are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either can write auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, you absolutely need to get several quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Minneapolis that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
- Semlak Miernicki Insurance Agency
2657 Dupont Ave S – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 208-0873 – View Map
- Glover Insurance Agency
2520 NE Lowry Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55411 – (612) 284-3227 – View Map
- Seguros Amezcua Insurance Agency, Inc
6418 Bass Lake Rd #4 – Minneapolis, MN 55428 – (612) 465-0400 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Minneapolis who can help you get price quotes.
- Jerry Vang – State Farm Insurance Agent
701 4th Ave S #220 – Minneapolis, MN 55415 – (612) 338-6400 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lois A. Castaneda
127 W Grant St, # C – Minneapolis, MN 55403 – (612) 871-6830 – View Map
- Nathan Dao – State Farm Insurance Agent
220 South 6th St #180 – Minneapolis, MN 55402 – (612) 338-6422 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Minneapolis should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford Escape insurance, insurance is required in Minnesota but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Escape, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, your auto insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver overpays as much as $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison every year to ensure rates are competitive.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
There are still a few companies who do not offer internet price quotes and these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies. Affordable Ford Escape insurance in Minneapolis is possible online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
Additional insurance information can be found below:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)