It’s hard to believe, but over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $2,240, Minnesota drivers could cut their rates by roughly $1,000 a year, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
The best way to get affordable Saturn Ion insurance is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Minneapolis. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price like your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for additional tips to prevent high rates and find missing discounts.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. As soon as you can, put the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on every quote request and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using these tips. Locating the best rates in Minneapolis is much easier if you have a good place to start. Although Minnesota drivers must understand how companies market on the web.
Car insurance providers offering affordable prices in Minnesota
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Minnesota. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Minneapolis, MN, we suggest you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Many things are used when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
Reduce car insurance rates by driving cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Saturn Ion scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
High credit rating translates to low prices – Having a good credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. So if your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Saturn Ion by repairing your credit. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit scores.
High deductibles cost less – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims could be rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
More traffic means higher claims – Residing in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when buying car insurance. Urban drivers regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Lower population means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Popular insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, emergency military deployment, air bags, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, and seat belt use.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include good student, multi-car, annual mileage, anti-theft, professional/association, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for youthful driver, early shopping, bundle discounts, business and professional, and electronic funds transfer.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including paid in full, good student, safe vehicle, multiple vehicles, mature driver, student away at school, and group or association.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, newly married, and new vehicle discount.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, multi-car, drive less, teen safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- USAA has savings for multi-vehicle, new vehicle, good student, annual mileage, safe driver, multi-policy, and family discount.
If you want the cheapest Saturn Ion rate quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Minneapolis. To choose insurers who offer free Saturn Ion insurance quotes in Minnesota, click here to view.
Local neighborhood Minneapolis car insurance agents
A lot of people would rather buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is sent to insurance agents in Minneapolis who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Minneapolis?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
If you would like to find a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they operate. Agents are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Minneapolis who can help you get price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing insurance rates, we highly recommend that you compare quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below are Minneapolis independent agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
Seguros Amezcua Insurance Agency, Inc
6418 Bass Lake Rd #4 – Minneapolis, MN 55428 – (612) 465-0400 – View Map
Minnesota car insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the right auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Minneapolis. The information shown below can help you select which coverage providers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Quote. Compare. Save.
Cost effective Saturn Ion insurance is attainable on the web and from local agencies, so get free Minneapolis car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced full coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Auto Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minneapolis Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Wrangler in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Car Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)