A study showed that a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Minneapolis could save almost $1,040 every year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Minneapolis is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Minnesota.
Step 1: Read and learn about car insurance and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives ideas to help reduce premium rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
How to get free Subaru Crosstrek insurance quotes online
Finding a better price on car insurance isn’t really that difficult. You just have to take time to get quotes online with multiple companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to different Minneapolis agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the extra assistance of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to get prices online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Minneapolis, MN. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Minneapolis, MN, we suggest you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Minneapolis
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with several vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used Crosstrek can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
If you would like to view car insurance companies who offer free Subaru Crosstrek insurance quotes in Minnesota, click this link.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Subaru Crosstrek Insurance
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- High insurance claims frequency drives up prices – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don’t be surprised to see higher rates. Car insurance companies in Minnesota award discounts to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Deter theft and pay less – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping car theft.
- Better drivers have lower prices – Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Only having one chargeable violation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Rates may be lower depending on your vocation – Occupations such as doctors, air traffic controllers, and accountants tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of job stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, historians and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are quite a few optional add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if you’ve never needed them in the past think about removing them and cutting costs.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent. Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Minneapolis who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Who are their largest clients?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both write policy coverage, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. They are usually well trained in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Minneapolis willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Minneapolis that can give you comparison quotes.
TCF Agency Insurance Services Inc
801 S Marquette Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55402 – (612) 661-8400 – View Map
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
We just covered some good ideas how to reduce Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates online in Minneapolis. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Minneapolis auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Felons in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota 4Runner in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)