It takes a few minutes, but the best way to save money on car insurance rates in Minneapolis is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Minnesota.
- Try to understand how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and your credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
A recent study showed that over 70% of consumers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Drivers in Minneapolis could save about $1,039 each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
How to compare Minneapolis Acura RLX insurance price quotes
Most companies like State Farm and Allstate provide pricing on their websites. Obtaining pricing for Acura RLX insurance in Minneapolis doesn’t take much effort as you just type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system obtains your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on the information you submitted. The ability to get online price quotes for Acura RLX insurance in Minneapolis makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s necessary to do this if you are searching for a better rate.
To get comparison pricing now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverages as shown on your current policy. This way, you will receive rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The following companies can provide price quotes in Minnesota. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Choosing the best Acura RLX insurance in Minnesota is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Acura RLX in Minneapolis, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Acura for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance preserves both your Acura RLX and your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your RLX definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to save money.
Do you qualify for discounts on Acura RLX insurance in Minneapolis?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so we researched both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to you.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with one insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total RLX insurance premium.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Large auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Progressive has savings for good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for multi-car, type of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, anti-theft, and good student.
- Nationwide discounts include anti-theft, business or organization, easy pay, defensive driving, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, driver training, air bags, daytime running lights, and seat belt use.
- AAA offers discounts including pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good student.
Check with each company to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your area. To see insurance companies that offer discounts in Minnesota, click here to view.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Some consumers just want to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. And providing support for small agencies is definitely important in Minneapolis.
By using this simple form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Minneapolis for you
If you want to use a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Minneapolis are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get several quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Minneapolis that may be able to provide free auto insurance quotes.
Exclusive agents write business for a single company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. These agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive agencies in Minneapolis that are able to give price quotes.
Choosing a car insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
Upon receiving good answers for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles. Keep in mind consumers can terminate your policy at any time so never assume that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for the full term.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When selecting adequate coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Acura RLX?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Ratings for Minnesota car insurance companies
Selecting the highest-rated car insurance company can be difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Minnesota. The company information in the next section could help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
We just covered a lot of tips how to reduce Acura RLX insurance prices online in Minneapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When getting Minneapolis car insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured dropped collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
More detailed auto insurance information is available by following these links:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minneapolis Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 70 in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)