How long has it been since you compared quotes for cheaper Saturn Sky insurance in Minneapolis? I doubt anyone likes paying for car insurance, particularly when they are paying too much.
Astonishing but true, over 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in Minneapolis could save about $1,040 each year by just comparing quotes, but they think it’s difficult to go online and compare rates.
Insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive all promote huge savings with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see past the corporate glitz and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Best companies for Saturn Sky insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Minnesota. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Minneapolis car insurance discounts
Some companies do not advertise all their discounts very well, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to monitor when and where they use their vehicle by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Theft Deterrent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a lower rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Minneapolis auto insurance quote in comparison to bad drivers.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Saturn Sky insurance in Minneapolis.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Auto insurance companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your state.
Local Minneapolis auto insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from small agencies is definitely important in Minneapolis.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is submitted to insurance agents in Minneapolis that can provide free Minneapolis auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When finding a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Minneapolis can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you include multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are independent agencies in Minneapolis that may be able to give rate quotes.
True Insurance Agency and Financial Services – Minneapolis Home and Auto Insurance
4708 Excelsior Blvd – St Louis Park, MN 55416 – (952) 388-2006 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Minneapolis who can help you get price quotes.
American Family Insurance – Patrick Fagerlee Agency Inc
3910 Central Ave NE – Minneapolis, MN 55421 – (763) 789-6201 – View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
How to find a good Minneapolis car insurance company
Choosing the right car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Minneapolis. The rank data below may help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Compare but don’t skimp
When shopping online for car insurance, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost Saturn Sky insurance in Minneapolis can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Minneapolis auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Steps to finding cheaper Saturn Sky insurance in Minneapolis
If you want to save money, the best way to find affordable Saturn Sky insurance is to regularly compare prices from insurers in Minneapolis. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to understand how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Minneapolis. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to the newly selected company. As soon as you receive it, store the certificate verifying coverage with the vehicle registration.
A good piece of advice is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get rates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Additional learning opportunities
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Minneapolis Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)