Sadly, most insurance buyers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average insurance premium being $2,242, Minneapolis drivers could pocket approximately 50% a year, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Minneapolis is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in Minnesota. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, read and learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and a bad credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. Continue reading for tips to prevent high prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies. Find a Minneapolis insurance agent
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One thing to remember is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rates for Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Minneapolis is to understand auto insurance companies have advanced systems to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information like marital status, whether or not you need a SR-22, whether you have decent credit, and if you have an active license. That rating data gets transmitted to multiple top-rated companies and you get price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To find lower cheaper Volkswagen e-Golf insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Minneapolis, MN. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Minneapolis, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance is an important decision
Even though Minneapolis e-Golf insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your e-Golf has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for it.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $810 a year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
What Impacts Volkswagen e-Golf Insurance Rates?
Multiple criteria are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although some other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
Never allow your coverage to lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you fines and jail time.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Careful drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Only having one driving citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who have received flagrant tickets like reckless driving or DUI might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to keep their license.
Improve your credit score – Having a good credit score can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. If your credit can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Volkswagen e-Golf by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have worse credit.
Optional features that lower prices – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping car theft.
You might get higher prices if you are single – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on car insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature than a single person and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Affordable Minneapolis auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t always advertise every discount available very well, so we break down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you may qualify for.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Online Discount – A handful of auto insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the web.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers pay less compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Minneapolis car insurance quote.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Resident Student – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to see a list of companies offering auto insurance discounts in Minneapolis, click here to view.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your car insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Minnesota?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
When to talk to an insurance agency
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Minneapolis who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurer should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How are claims handled?
- Is coverage determined by price?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from local Minneapolis agents, it’s important to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Agents in Minneapolis can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can provide insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Minneapolis willing to provide price quote information.
- State Farm: Ashkan Morvari
25 W Diamond Lake Rd – Minneapolis, MN 55419 – (612) 455-4196 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Matthew Nye
2104 Stevens Ave #309 – Minneapolis, MN 55404 – (612) 979-2330 – View Map
- Jerry Vang – State Farm Insurance Agent
701 4th Ave S #220 – Minneapolis, MN 55415 – (612) 338-6400 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Minneapolis willing to provide price quotes.
- Dedicated Insurance
2736 Lyndale Ave S – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 872-4004 – View Map
- Abdullahi Ahmed Insurance Agency
1113 E Franklin Ave # 104 – Minneapolis, MN 55404 – (612) 432-9142 – View Map
- TCF Agency Insurance Services Inc
801 S Marquette Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55402 – (612) 661-8400 – View Map
Upon receiving acceptable answers to your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to properly service your insurance policy. Keep in mind you are entitled to cancel your coverage for any reason so don’t feel that you’re stuck with any specific company for a certain time period.
Car insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the best insurance provider is hard considering how many choices you have in Minnesota. The ranking data shown next can help you pick which car insurance providers to look at to insure your vehicles.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
One last note
We just presented some good ideas how to save on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Minneapolis. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Volkswagen e-Golf rate quotes. You may even discover the best premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Low-cost Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Minneapolis can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Minneapolis Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Postal Workers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)