It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who compare other rates are inclined to move their business because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced policy. A study discovered that drivers who shopped around annually saved as much as $860 a year compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price on Dodge Dakota insurance is the reason you’re reading this, understanding how to find companies and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Minneapolis.
First, get an understanding of coverages and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
An important part of this process is to try to compare identical coverages on each quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
The goal of this article is to instruct you on the best ways to compare prices and also save some money in the process If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to save money using the concepts covered in this article. But Minnesota drivers do need to understand the way companies determine prices and use it to your advantage.
Cheap companies for Dodge Dakota insurance
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Minneapolis, MN. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Minneapolis, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Dodge Dakota coverage statistics
The rate table shown below covers estimates of insurance policy prices for Dodge Dakota models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are calculated can assist in making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$214||$414||$396||$24||$118||$1,166||$97|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$214||$414||$396||$24||$118||$1,166||$97|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$246||$414||$396||$24||$118||$1,198||$100|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$246||$414||$396||$24||$118||$1,198||$100|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$246||$486||$396||$24||$118||$1,270||$106|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$246||$486||$396||$24||$118||$1,270||$106|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$276||$414||$318||$18||$94||$1,120||$93|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$276||$414||$318||$18||$94||$1,120||$93|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$276||$486||$396||$24||$118||$1,300||$108|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$276||$414||$318||$18||$94||$1,120||$93|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$276||$414||$318||$18||$94||$1,120||$93|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$276||$414||$318||$18||$94||$1,120||$93|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$276||$486||$318||$18||$94||$1,192||$99|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$276||$486||$318||$18||$94||$1,192||$99|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$276||$486||$318||$18||$94||$1,192||$99|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$308||$486||$318||$18||$94||$1,224||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific location information which can revise premiums significantly.
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Dodge Dakota insurance rates for each age group. Data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper car insurance rates
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and accidents influence Dodge Dakota premium costs for each different age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Gender-based car insurance premiums
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Dakota insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
You may qualify for discounts for Dodge Dakota insurance in Minneapolis
Some companies do not list every possible discount very clearly, so here is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Minneapolis car insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Dakota insurance in Minneapolis.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Early Signing – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Minneapolis car insurance depending on your company.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable driving data collection to track driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Minneapolis Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Minneapolis and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The data is based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, air bags, multi-vehicle, good student, driver training, and federal employee.
- State Farm includes discounts for student away at school, safe vehicle, anti-theft, good driver, and good student.
- Esurance has savings for Switch & Save, homeowner, renters, DriveSense, and online quote.
- The Hartford offers discounts including air bag, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, driver training, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask every company how you can save money. A few discounts might not apply in Minneapolis. If you would like to see a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates in Minnesota, follow this link.
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Many drivers just want to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important especially in Minneapolis.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Minneapolis car insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Affordable Dodge Dakota insurance in Minneapolis can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Minneapolis insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
We just covered a lot of ways to shop for Dodge Dakota insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Electric Cars in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minneapolis Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minneapolis Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)