It’s shocking but the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Minneapolis could save roughly $1,040 every year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
The recommended way to get budget Jeep Commander insurance in Minneapolis is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in Minnesota.
- First, get an understanding of how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many factors that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and a negative credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Don’t forget to place the new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Take policy discounts and save on Jeep Commander insurance in Minneapolis
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking part in a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Commander insurance policy. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Good Student Discount – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Minneapolis car insurance quote. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance carriers give a discounted car insurance rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Minneapolis car insurance quote.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Jeep could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Jeep Commander auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies with the best Jeep Commander insurance discounts in Minneapolis in Minneapolis, click here.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Jeep Commander insurance in Minneapolis utilizes the fact car insurance companies have advanced systems to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is provide information such as if you lease or own, daily mileage, if a SR-22 is required, and how much education you have. Your insurance information is instantly provided to many highly-rated insurers and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Minneapolis, MN. To find cheaper car insurance in MN, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Insurance statistics for a Jeep Commander
The coverage table shown next outlines a range of policy rates for Jeep Commander models. Being able to understand how rates are established can help guide drivers when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Commander Sport 2WD||$256||$334||$416||$24||$124||$1,154||$96|
|Commander Sport 4WD||$256||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,212||$101|
|Commander Limited 2WD||$286||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,242||$104|
|Commander Limited 4WD||$286||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific location information which can revise prices substantially.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and accidents increase Jeep Commander yearly insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below shows the comparison of Jeep Commander insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no definitive guideline to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Jeep Commander claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
When to contact a local insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important particularly in Minneapolis.
After filling out this simple form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Minneapolis that can give you free Minneapolis car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
When finding a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Minneapolis agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Minneapolis that may be able to give comparison quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Minneapolis who can help you get price quotes.
Selecting an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any agent in Minneapolis should have no problem answering these questions:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Minneapolis?
Best auto insurance in Minneapolis
Buying coverage from the highest-rated insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are to choose from in Minneapolis. The rank data listed below may help you select which coverage providers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
One last note
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to reduce Jeep Commander insurance premium rates online in Minneapolis. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Minneapolis car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Jeep Commander rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a small local company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)