If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Volvo V60 insurance in Minneapolis is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Minnesota.
- Get a basic knowledge of how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and bad credit can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives instructions to get low prices and find missing discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An essential thing to point out is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Amazingly, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Minnesota drivers can cut their rates by as much as 50% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to do a rate comparison.
The majority of larger companies such as Allstate and Progressive allow you to get coverage price quotes direct online. Obtaining pricing for Volvo V60 insurance in Minneapolis is fairly straightforward as all you need to do is type in your required coverages into a form. After you submit the form the system obtains credit information and your driving record and returns a price.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to do this in order to get a lower rate.
To save time and compare rates now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Minneapolis, MN. To find the best cheap car insurance in Minneapolis, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though Minneapolis V60 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is required in Minnesota but it also protects you in many ways.
First, most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Volvo V60 with a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volvo at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects not only your Volvo V60 but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to save money.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious like where you live or how safe your car is. It’s important that you understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower rates.
- Premiums for men may be higher – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better at driving than males. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. They also have more aggressive citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- More policies can equal more savings – Most major companies afford better rates for people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal. You may still find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Vehicle features that cut rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent car theft.
- What are good liability coverage limits? – Liability insurance will afford coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Save by driving safer cars – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If your Volvo V60 scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Costs are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices tend to be for low performance passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
Insurance loss statistics a Volvo V60 – Car insurance companies use claims history when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more to insure.
The table below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Volvo V60 vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Volvo V60 Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Volvo Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo V60 2WD 68 53 Volvo V60 4WD 136 75BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower your insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Minneapolis Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current V60 insurance policy. It can save you around 10%.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Travelers offers discounts including multi-car, new car, driver training, continuous insurance, and IntelliDrive.
- 21st Century discounts include 55 and older, good student, air bags, teen driver, early bird, automatic seat belts, and driver training.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, good student, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, anti-theft, multi-car, good student, and pay-in-full.
If you need low cost Minneapolis car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Minneapolis. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Minnesota, click here to view.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Minnesota?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Compare prices but still have a neighborhood Minneapolis auto insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is still important in Minneapolis.
After filling out this short form, your information is sent to companies in Minneapolis that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents in Minneapolis are either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Minneapolis who may provide free rate quotes.
- Skarnes Agency Inc.
1845 NE Stinson Blvd – Minneapolis, MN 55418 – (612) 354-2040 – View Map
- Minneapolis St. Paul Agency Insurance and Risk Management
2469 University Ave W – St Paul, MN 55114 – (651) 647-9665 – View Map
- Cheap Car Insurance Minneapolis Auto Insurance Agency
2227 W 21st St – Minneapolis, MN 55405 – (612) 425-1616 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Minneapolis exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Travis Marcellus
2846 Johnson St NE – Minneapolis, MN 55418 – (612) 789-4341 – View Map
- State Farm: Brandon Walter
222 S 9th St #270 – Minneapolis, MN 55402 – (612) 843-8444 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Charles Fritz
2213 Johnson St NE – Minneapolis, MN 55418 – (612) 788-6279 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Minneapolis?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
Which car insurance company is best in Minnesota?
Selecting the top insurance company is difficult considering how many choices you have in Minnesota. The rank data in the next section can help you decide which companies to look at comparing rates from.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
In the end, you can save money
Low-cost Volvo V60 insurance in Minneapolis is available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Additional learning opportunities
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Auto Insurance Rates for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for High Risk Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minneapolis Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)