If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to save money on auto insurance rates in Minneapolis is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies in Minnesota. This can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price like traffic violations, accidents, and your credit history can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s hard to believe, but over 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Minnesota drivers could cut their rates by $1,039 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
All major car insurance companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get insurance quotes on the web. Doing online price comparisons for BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Minneapolis is very simple because you just enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, their rating system sends out for your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on the information you submitted. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get lower-cost car insurance pricing.
To save time and find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Minneapolis, MN. To buy cheap auto insurance in Minneapolis, MN, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Don’t overlook these BMW Alpina B7 insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list every policy discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden insurance savings.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Minneapolis could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less could be rewarded with lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Insurance companies who might offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply in Minneapolis. To view providers who offer cheap BMW Alpina B7 insurance quotes in Minnesota, click here.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high insurance cost for a BMW Alpina B7 in Minneapolis, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will force you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your BMW at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your BMW Alpina B7. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Minneapolis car insurance agent
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Minneapolis.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, just go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a local Minneapolis insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they work. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Minneapolis that can possibly get you free auto insurance rate quotes.
Abdullahi Ahmed Insurance Agency
1113 E Franklin Ave # 104 – Minneapolis, MN 55404 – (612) 432-9142 – View Map
Bernie Glover Insurance Agency
2520 Lowry Ave N – Minneapolis, MN 55411 – (612) 522-6531 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are exclusive agents in Minneapolis who can help you get comparison quotes.
Finding a good car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Minnesota?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?