The most effective way to get budget Dodge Ram insurance in Minneapolis is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Minnesota.
- Try to comprehend individual coverages and the things you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Be sure to put the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is that you use identical coverages on each quote and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Shockingly, the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save up to $859 a year, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Minneapolis seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. But Minnesota vehicle owners need to learn the way insurance companies compete online and use it to find better rates.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
Many different elements are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
- Only buy what you need – There are many additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and motor club memberships could be just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
- Maintain insurance coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to bump up your insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Avoid traffic tickets – Even a single driving citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The example below illustrates how violations and accident claims impact Dodge Ram insurance prices for each age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- A good credit history can save money – An insured’s credit history factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Dodge Ram by taking the time to improve your credit score. People with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – Driving more miles annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that have low annual miles can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your Ram is just wasting money. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance policy states annual mileage.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent insurance claims – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Minnesota provide cheaper rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Less chance of injury means lower prices – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your Dodge earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Getting married can lower costs – Being married may cut your premiums on your policy. It demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
Which Dodge Ram insurance is cheapest in Minneapolis, Minnesota?
The majority of larger companies like Allstate and Progressive provide prices from their websites. Getting online rates for Dodge Ram insurance in Minneapolis is quite easy as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system pulls credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote based on the data you entered.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find the lowest possible payments on insurance.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Minneapolis, MN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance statistics for a Dodge Ram
The coverage information shown below outlines a range of insurance premium costs for Dodge Ram models. Being able to understand how insurance premiums are established can help guide drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$192||$288||$344||$20||$104||$948||$79|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$216||$352||$344||$20||$104||$1,036||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$216||$352||$344||$20||$104||$1,036||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$216||$352||$344||$20||$104||$1,036||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$216||$352||$344||$20||$104||$1,036||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$216||$352||$344||$20||$104||$1,036||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$216||$352||$344||$20||$104||$1,036||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$216||$352||$344||$20||$104||$1,036||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$216||$352||$344||$20||$104||$1,036||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$240||$414||$344||$20||$104||$1,122||$94|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$240||$414||$344||$20||$104||$1,122||$94|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$240||$414||$344||$20||$104||$1,122||$94|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$240||$414||$344||$20||$104||$1,122||$94|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$240||$414||$344||$20||$104||$1,122||$94|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$240||$414||$344||$20||$104||$1,122||$94|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$240||$414||$344||$20||$104||$1,122||$94|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$240||$414||$344||$20||$104||$1,122||$94|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$240||$414||$344||$20||$104||$1,122||$94|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$240||$476||$344||$20||$104||$1,184||$99|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$240||$476||$344||$20||$104||$1,184||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can change rates significantly.
Car insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Minnesota but it also protects more than you think.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
Third, car insurance preserves your Dodge Ram and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Minnesota is wasting up to $700 annually so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Get cheap Dodge Ram insurance in Minneapolis with discounts
Some insurers do not list all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Minneapolis car insurance online.
- Multi-line Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a lower rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will reduce your overall bill.
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, good driver, student away at school, multiple autos, and safe vehicle.
- Nationwide may include discounts for accident-free, business or organization, multi-policy, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, and good student.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, daytime running lights, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA may have discounts that include anti-theft, multi-policy, education and occupation, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts including 55 and older, early bird, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, and good student.
- The Hartford discounts include vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Minneapolis.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some consumers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Minneapolis, get answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If they are an independent agency in Minneapolis, which companies do they recommend?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- What company do they have the most business with?
The following is a list of insurers in Minneapolis that may be willing to give price quotes for Dodge Ram insurance in Minneapolis.
- Moon Lai – State Farm Insurance Agent
2718 Nicollet Ave #204 – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 870-0800 – View Map
- Alisho Dependable Ins. Agency
1929 S 5th St #104 – Minneapolis, MN 55454 – (612) 354-2576 – View Map
- Julie Nadeau – State Farm Insurance Agent
7801 E Bush Lake Rd #200 – Minneapolis, MN 55439 – (952) 937-2020 – View Map
- Moreno Agency – Innovative Insurance
4748 Chicago Ave #2 – Minneapolis, MN 55407 – (612) 584-0077 – View Map
Which auto insurance company is best in Minnesota?
Ending up with the right insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Minneapolis. The rank data in the lists below can help you decide which auto insurers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
How to know if you need help
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Frequent quotes can save
As you quote Minneapolis car insurance, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Discount Dodge Ram insurance in Minneapolis is possible from both online companies in addition to many Minneapolis insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Minneapolis Car Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Car Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minneapolis Auto Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)