Want to learn how to save money and find the cheapest Volkswagen CC insurance in Minneapolis? Feel like you’re a prisoner to an expensive car insurance policy? Believe me, many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who do rate comparisons will probably move their business because there are good odds of finding lower prices. A study discovered that drivers who regularly compared price quotes saved an average of $70 a month as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance in Minneapolis is your goal, knowing the best ways to shop for car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
How to find cheaper quotes for Volkswagen CC insurance in Minneapolis
If you want to save money, the best way to find the cheapest price for Volkswagen CC insurance in Minneapolis is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who sell insurance in Minnesota.
- It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and a bad credit score can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper CC coverage is available in Minneapolis. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. Immediately put the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Many insurers compete for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every provider to find the absolute lowest cost out there.
Volkswagen CC insurance quotes comparison
Most larger insurance companies give coverage price quotes online. Getting online quotes for Volkswagen CC insurance in Minneapolis is possible for anyone as you simply type in your coverage information as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, their rating system requests your driving record and credit report and quotes a price determined by many factors. This helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find the lowest payment.
In order to compare pricing, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This ensures you’re receiving a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Minneapolis, MN. To locate cheap car insurance in MN, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Volkswagen CC insurance in Minneapolis
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every discount available in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more common as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Volkswagen CC insurance.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can get a small discount on rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data collection to spy on their driving habits remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Low Miles Discount – Keeping the miles down on your Volkswagen can earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for primary and secondary vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The example below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen CC auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
To view providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Minnesota, click this link.
Volkswagen CC coverage analysis
The price information below covers estimates of insurance coverage prices for Volkswagen CC models. Having insight into how insurance policy rates are calculated can help guide drivers when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CC Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$156||$282||$326||$20||$98||$882||$74|
|CC Luxury 4-Dr Coupe||$156||$282||$326||$20||$98||$882||$74|
|CC VR6 Sport 4-Dr Coupe||$174||$324||$326||$20||$98||$942||$79|
|CC VR6 Motion 4-Dr Coupe||$174||$324||$326||$20||$98||$942||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect prices significantly.
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Volkswagen CC insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Volkswagen CC insurance costs by age and gender
The example below shows the difference between Volkswagen CC insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
You Can Change Your Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that help calculate auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in Minnesota give lower rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Prices increase with policy add-ons – Insurance companies have many additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
Your career may increase premiums – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs such as real estate brokers, architects, and dentists generally pay higher average rates because of stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, professions such as actors, engineers and retirees pay the least.
Don’t get traffic citations – How you drive impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Only having one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Drivers who have multiple citations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can impact Volkswagen CC insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Having a spouse reduces risk – Having a spouse may save some money on auto insurance. It translates into being less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Insurance loss data for a Volkswagen CC – Insurance companies use claims history to calculate a rate that offsets possible losses. Models that statistically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Volkswagen CC vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
|Specific Volkswagen Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen CC 2WD||132||99||119||99||108||103|
|Volkswagen CC 4WD||162||134|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Minneapolis insurance agents?
Some people prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find lower premium rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Minneapolis who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Minneapolis should be willing to answer these questions.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will one accident increase rates?
If you want to use a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents to choose from. Agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can handle auto insurance, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in Minneapolis who can help you get price quote information.
State Farm: Seth Bork Insurance Agency Incorporated
8347 University Ave NE D – Minneapolis, MN 55432 – (763) 780-2222 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following are independent insurance agents in Minneapolis that are able to give price quotes.
Seguros Amezcua Insurance Agency, Inc
6418 Bass Lake Rd #4 – Minneapolis, MN 55428 – (612) 465-0400 – View Map
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always remember that when buying a policy, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Minnesota auto insurance company ratings
Picking the best company is hard considering how many choices drivers have in Minneapolis. The information in the next section may help you analyze which providers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Frequent quotes can save
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered many ideas to get a better price on Volkswagen CC insurance in Minneapolis. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Minneapolis car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Some auto insurance companies may not have price quotes online and these smaller companies only sell through independent agents. Cost effective Volkswagen CC insurance can be found on the web and from local agencies, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
How to find lower priced Volkswagen CC insurance in Minneapolis
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget Volkswagen CC insurance in Minneapolis is to annually compare prices from companies who can sell car insurance in Minnesota.
- First, read about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if you can save on CC insurance in Minneapolis. If you find a lower rate, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new coverage. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important note is to use similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates After a Speeding Ticket in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)