The most effective way to get affordable car insurance rates in Minneapolis is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in Minnesota.
First, try to understand policy coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and poor credit can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One thing to remember is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Many drivers in the United States could save nearly $860 a year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Locating the best rates in Minneapolis can be easy if you know a few tricks. In essence, every driver who is looking for cheaper auto insurance will more than likely be able to save money. But Minnesota consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Best companies for competitive Volvo C70 insurance in Minnesota
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Minnesota. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Volvo C70 insurance charts and tables
The data table shown below showcases different insurance coverage prices for Volvo C70 models. Learning more about how prices are calculated can benefit drivers when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C70 T5 2-Dr Convertible||$238||$476||$220||$14||$66||$1,014||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect insurance rates greatly.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below compares Volvo C70 yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive formula for dropping comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo C70 claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $200 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
These discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow driving data submission to look at where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- College Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Minneapolis and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Minneapolis car insurance with some car insurance companies.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of car insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up on the web.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will definitely reduce the amount you have to pay.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volvo C70 insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premiums assume a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Travelers offers discounts including save driver, multi-policy, continuous insurance, IntelliDrive, driver training, and new car.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, early bird, student driver, air bags, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, seat belt use, membership and employees, multi-policy, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO discounts include drive less, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, and multi-car.
- AAA may include discounts for pay-in-full, multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, and anti-theft.
Check with each company or agent the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in every state. To choose companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Minnesota, click this link.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Volvo C70?
- What is glass protection for?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is OK! One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Minneapolis that provide free Minneapolis car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How long has their agency been open in Minneapolis?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Affordable car insurance rates are possible
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Volvo C70 insurance premium rates in Minneapolis. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Volvo C70 rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Affordable Volvo C70 insurance in Minneapolis is available both online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Minneapolis car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don’t offer rates over the internet and usually these regional carriers only sell through local independent agents.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in these articles:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Altima in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Minneapolis, MN? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)