Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Ford GT in Minnesota can be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance and you need to know the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Ford and obtain the cheapest rates either online or from Minneapolis insurance agents.
Auto insurance providers offering cheap prices in Minnesota
The companies shown below provide quotes in Minneapolis, MN. To get the cheapest car insurance in Minnesota, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
What Affects Ford GT Insurance Prices?
Many things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that help calculate your premiums. If you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
Shown below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
More miles driven equals more premium – The more miles you rack up on your Ford in a year the higher your rates will be. Most companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your car insurance policy correctly shows how each vehicle is driven. Having an incorrect usage rating on your GT can cost quite a bit.
Claims cost money – Auto insurance companies in Minnesota award lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is designed for larger claims.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Even a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have license-revoking citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
Safer cars lower premiums – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Get better rates if you’re married – Having a significant other may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a spouse means you’re more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Optional features that lower car insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent vehicle theft.
Maintain car insurance coverage – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines or a revoked license. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Minnesota department of motor vehicles.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance quotes
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but a few must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow driving data submission to track driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- College Student Discount – Kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will definitely reduce your policy premium.
Larger auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for bundle discounts, pay in full, mature driver, early shopping, business and professional, distant student, and multi-car.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, passive restraint, student away at school, defensive driving training, good driver, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new graduate, newly married, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, newly retired, and multi-car.
- MetLife has discounts for good student, multi-policy, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
If you want affordable Ford GT insurance quotes, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some credits might not be offered on policies in every state. To choose auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Minneapolis, click here to view.
Auto insurance quotes from local Minneapolis insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Minneapolis.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Different types of auto insurance agents in Minneapolis
If you are wanting to find a local Minneapolis insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Minneapolis may be either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can write auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand why they differ since it can impact the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always compare quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Minneapolis that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
- Germain Insurance Agency
315 W 46th St – Minneapolis, MN 55419 – (612) 822-7983 – View Map
- Abbco Insurance Agency Co.
6227 University Ave NE – Minneapolis, MN 55632 – (763) 571-2880 – View Map
- Landreau Insurance Group Inc
2615 E Franklin Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55406 – (612) 276-7035 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only write with one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to use the same agent partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Minneapolis willing to provide price quote information.
- Moon Lai – State Farm Insurance Agent
2718 Nicollet Ave #204 – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 870-0800 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mohamud Isse
331 E Lake St – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 353-6667 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Lois A. Castaneda
127 W Grant St, # C – Minneapolis, MN 55403 – (612) 871-6830 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- What insurance companies do they work with in Minneapolis?
- Does their agency support local causes in Minneapolis?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Minneapolis?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Cover all your bases
Some companies do not offer price quotes online and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies. Cheaper Ford GT insurance in Minneapolis can be sourced from both online companies and with local Minneapolis insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund and policy non-renewal. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
How to quote cheaper Ford GT insurance in Minneapolis
If you want to save money, the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Minneapolis is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Minnesota. You can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like accidents, careless driving, and poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on GT insurance in Minneapolis. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Much more information about car insurance in Minnesota is located on the following sites:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Minneapolis Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)