Inconceivable but true, most drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Minneapolis insurance shoppers could cut their rates by almost $1,000 a year just by shopping around, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates online.
The most effective way to get low-cost Tesla Model X insurance is to regularly compare prices from different companies who provide car insurance in Minneapolis. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and your credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you’re already insured or need new coverage, you can use these tips to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. Finding and buying the best insurance in Minneapolis is easy to do. Drivers just have to learn the tricks to compare insurance rates online from multiple companies.
Do you qualify for discounts on Tesla Model X insurance in Minneapolis?
Some insurers don’t always advertise every discount very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Minneapolis auto insurance online.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for reduced rates.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Own a Home – Owning a house in Minneapolis can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your policy premium.
To find insurance companies who offer discounts in Minnesota, click here.
How to buy Tesla Model X insurance online
Finding cheap Minneapolis auto insurance prices is pretty simple and can save money. All you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer getting comparison quotes to discover which company has inexpensive Minneapolis auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Minneapolis, MN. In order to find the cheapest auto insurance in MN, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
How You Can Control Tesla Model X Insurance Prices
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that help determine your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower rates.
Liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your Tesla Model X is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
Use one insurance company and save – Lots of auto insurance companies allow a discount to insureds that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still save more without the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
Traffic violations cost more than a fine – Good drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Just one ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. People who have serious violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to keep their license.
Where you live plays a part – Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has it’s advantages when it comes to auto insurance. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. People in densely populated areas regularly have more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When selecting your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Minnesota?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Minneapolis car insurance agents?
A small number of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agents is especially important in Minneapolis.
By using this short form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Minneapolis who will give you quotes for your business. You don’t have to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Minneapolis for you
If you are searching for a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures that you can choose from. Agents in Minneapolis are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can write policy coverage, but we need to point out how they differ since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so they can write business with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Featured below are independent agencies in Minneapolis who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Minneapolis Insurance Specialists Team
333 N Washington Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55401 – (612) 460-7796 – View Map
- Moreno Agency – Innovative Insurance
4748 Chicago Ave #2 – Minneapolis, MN 55407 – (612) 584-0077 – View Map
- Minneapolis St. Paul Agency Insurance and Risk Management
2469 University Ave W – St Paul, MN 55114 – (651) 647-9665 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Minneapolis that can give you price quotes.
- Julie Nadeau – State Farm Insurance Agent
7801 E Bush Lake Rd #200 – Minneapolis, MN 55439 – (952) 937-2020 – View Map
- John Arens – State Farm Insurance Agent
3259 Johnson St NE – Minneapolis, MN 55418 – (612) 781-3454 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mohamud Isse
331 E Lake St – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 353-6667 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Minneapolis?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Model X has a loan, almost every bank will force you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Tesla at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Tesla Model X and your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Tesla as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying over $855 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
What is the best car insurance company in Minnesota?
Buying coverage from a high-quality auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies provide coverage in Minneapolis. The company information displayed below can help you pick which coverage providers you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
Don’t give up on cheap rates
We just presented many tips how you can find cheaper Tesla Model X insurance in Minneapolis. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents. Cheaper car insurance in Minneapolis is attainable from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis.
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including high prices, being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim and even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Minneapolis, MN? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota 4Runner in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)