It takes a little time, but the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers who sell auto insurance in Minneapolis. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One piece of advice is to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. This provides a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many consumers in Minnesota could save $1,000 every year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rate quotes online.
Most companies provide prices for coverage direct online. The process is pretty easy as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. When the form is submitted, their system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information determined by many factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s also necessary to do this in order to find a better rate.
In order to find out how much you’re overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter your coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you’re receiving a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Minneapolis, MN. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in MN, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts very well, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Minneapolis auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Resident Student – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Minneapolis and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Amanti can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates and make you a better driver.
- Paper-free Discount – Some larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Amanti insurance premium.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will help reduce your policy premiums.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, air bags, good student, military active duty, and seat belt use.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, good student, and claim-free.
- State Farm has savings for Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for good student, low natural disaster claims, location of vehicle, ease of repair, good driver, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for good student, 55 and older, theft prevention, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and homeowners.
- Allstate offers discounts including eSmart discount, defensive driver, farm vehicle, senior citizen, FullPay discount, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some credits may not apply to policies everywhere.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that are used to determine insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you better insurance rates.
The following are a few of the things used by your company to calculate rates.
- Vehicles with better crash test results are cheaper to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
- Get better rates if married – Your spouse helps lower the price when buying insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more stable financially and it’s proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Raise comp and collision deductibles and save – The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Low stress occupation equals lower rates – Occupations such as fire fighters, police officers, and miners generally have the highest average rates in part from intense work requirements and long work days. On the flip side, careers like actors, athletes and homemakers get better rates.
Local Minneapolis auto insurance agents and auto insurance
Some people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, just go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Minneapolis?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
What insurance coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions may help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is the ISO rating for a Kia Amanti?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- What policy terms are available?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
A conclusion for your car insurance search
We covered many ways to lower your Kia Amanti insurance auto insurance rates in Minneapolis. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Minneapolis auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best auto insurance rates are with the smaller companies. These companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheap Kia Amanti insurance in Minneapolis can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Minneapolis, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies don’t offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Grand Caravan in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Minneapolis Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)