Want to learn the secrets to finding low-cost auto insurance rates in Minneapolis, MN? Minneapolis consumers have a choice when looking for the lowest priced Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to compare prices or use the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages on a Kia and find the best price possible.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Insureds who compare other prices are very likely to move their business because they have a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent study showed that drivers who compared rates annually saved $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance is your intention, then having some knowledge of how to shop and compare insurance can make the process less intimidating.
If you’re already insured or just want a better rate, you can learn to reduce premiums without having to cut coverage. This article’s goal is to familiarize you with how auto insurance companies operate and also save some money in the process Comparison shoppers only have to learn the best way to get comparison quotes online from multiple companies.
Best companies for Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Minnesota. If you wish to find the cheapest car insurance in MN, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Save money on Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Minneapolis with these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a class that teaches driver safety techniques may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Claim-free drivers get the best car insurance rates in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The best car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for anti-theft, good driver, low natural disaster claims, accident-free, professional/association, multi-car, and location of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including alternative fuel, teen driver, youthful driver, homeowner, business and professional, and pay in full.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, driver training, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has discounts for safe vehicle, defensive driving training, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, and anti-theft.
- Allstate has savings for auto/life discount, resident student, premier plus, anti-lock brakes, and eSmart discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply in Minneapolis. To choose insurance companies that offer discounts in Minnesota, click here to view.
Five factors that determine insurance prices
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are less obvious like where you live or your commute time. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that go into determining car insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your prices.
- Single drivers take more risk – Your spouse can actually save you money on car insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Too many car insurance claims and you’ll pay more – Insurance companies in Minnesota generally give most affordable rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Do you need those extra policy coverages? – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, towing, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest rates are for low performance passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Pleasure use saves money – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Optima Plug-In Hybrid is throwing money out the window. Double check that your policy is rated on the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Insurance agencies are trained to help
Many people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and that can be a smart move Agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheaper rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Minneapolis that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Any agent in Minneapolis should be willing to answer these questions.
- How long have they been in business?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
Types of auto insurance agents
When researching a local insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies to choose from. Agents in Minneapolis can be categorized as either exclusive or independent. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Minneapolis exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Mohamud Isse
331 E Lake St – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 353-6667 – View Map
- Jerry Vang – State Farm Insurance Agent
701 4th Ave S #220 – Minneapolis, MN 55415 – (612) 338-6400 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Patrick Fagerlee Agency Inc
3910 Central Ave NE – Minneapolis, MN 55421 – (763) 789-6201 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you need to include price quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Minneapolis willing to provide price quotes.
- Bernie Glover Insurance Agency
2520 Lowry Ave N – Minneapolis, MN 55411 – (612) 522-6531 – View Map
- Seguros Amezcua Insurance Agency, Inc
6418 Bass Lake Rd #4 – Minneapolis, MN 55428 – (612) 465-0400 – View Map
- True Insurance Agency and Financial Services – Minneapolis Home and Auto Insurance
4708 Excelsior Blvd – St Louis Park, MN 55416 – (952) 388-2006 – View Map
Upon getting good answers to any questions you may have as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that will adequately provide auto insurance.
Cheap insurance premiums are out there
People change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver or high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be less work than you think.
More affordable insurance in Minneapolis is attainable online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Steps to buying affordable Kia Optima Plug-In Hybrid insurance in Minneapolis
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from companies who can sell car insurance in Minneapolis. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies. Select a company
Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to place your new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
A tip to remember is to try to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Ride Shares in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Car Insurance Quotes for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minneapolis Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)