Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Minnesota drivers could save nearly 50% every year, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they replace their high priced policy.
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Minneapolis is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who provide car insurance in Minnesota.
First, try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover more details to lower rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on IS 200t insurance. If you can save some money and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is to try to use identical coverage information on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
Insurance policy discounts for Lexus IS 200t insurance in Minneapolis
Some insurers don’t always list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Minneapolis car insurance online.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a policy prior to your current IS 200t insurance policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy Minneapolis car insurance online.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new IS 200t is cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on IS 200t insurance in Minneapolis.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Minneapolis is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your premiums.
Auto insurance companies that may include some of the above discounts include:
If you want low cost Minneapolis car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Minneapolis. To view providers who offer online Lexus IS 200t insurance quotes in Minneapolis, click this link.
Getting a low cost price on Lexus IS 200t insurance is actually quite simple. Drivers just need to take a couple of minutes comparing price quotes online with multiple companies.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to physically go to local Minneapolis insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the professional advice of a local agency. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get the lowest quotes online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Minnesota. To get the best auto insurance in Minneapolis, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Local Minneapolis insurance agents and insurance
Many people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to your email. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company requires more thought than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- How long has their agency been in business in Minneapolis?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Which family members are covered?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
When narrowing the list to find a reliable agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Minneapolis may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but we need to point out why they differ because it can influence your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Minneapolis who may provide you with price quotes.
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing insurance rates, you need to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Minneapolis willing to provide comparison quotes.
Minneapolis St. Paul Agency Insurance and Risk Management
2469 University Ave W – St Paul, MN 55114 – (651) 647-9665 – View Map
Once you have positive responses to these questions and a low price estimate, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Ratings for Minneapolis car insurance companies
Ending up with the best car insurance company can be challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Minnesota. The information displayed below could help you analyze which insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We’ve covered many ideas to lower your Lexus IS 200t insurance prices in Minneapolis. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- How Much is Minneapolis Car Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Minneapolis Auto Insurance Rates for a GMC Acadia? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)