The preferred way to save money on Lincoln MKZ insurance is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Minneapolis. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and bad credit can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for the details to prevent high rates and earn larger discounts.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper MKZ coverage is available. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, put the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Unbelievably, a large majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Minneapolis insurance shoppers could save themselves approximately $1,039 a year, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Minnesota. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Minnesota, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Three good reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Lincoln MKZ insurance, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Lincoln at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Lincoln MKZ and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance data for a Lincoln MKZ
The rate table below highlights detailed analysis of coverage costs for Lincoln MKZ models. Being more informed about how insurance quotes are established is important for you to make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$406||$434||$26||$130||$1,164||$97|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$406||$434||$26||$130||$1,164||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific location which can revise prices greatly.
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can affect Lincoln MKZ insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Impact of careless driving on Minneapolis insurance rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders influence Lincoln MKZ car insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Lincoln MKZ insurance rates by gender
The illustration below shows the difference between Lincoln MKZ insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Slash your car insurance rates with these six discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Driver Training Discounts – Successfully completing a course in safe driver can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow their car insurance company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKZ car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
To locate companies who offer online Lincoln MKZ insurance quotes in Minneapolis, follow this link.
Which is the best auto insurance?
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- What are the best liability limits?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Lincoln MKZ to commute?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Minneapolis car insurance companies
Buying coverage from the right car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Minnesota. The rank data in the lists below could help you analyze which auto insurers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
- Progressive – 87%
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance