It’s hard to fathom, but most Minnesota car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save nearly $859 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you want to save money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Minneapolis is to annually compare prices from insurers in Minnesota. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for additional ideas to prevent high rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Companies offering cheap Mazda 2 rate quotes in Minneapolis, MN
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Minneapolis, MN. If you want to find the cheapest auto insurance in Minnesota, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces that factor into your premiums.
Youthful drivers pay high rates – Youthful drivers in Minnesota are statistically proven to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
Policy add-ons add up – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea initially, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
Don’t abuse insurance claims – If you file claims often, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in Minnesota generally give most affordable rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
Annual mileage and car insurance premiums – The higher the miles on your Mazda in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Autos that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy is showing the right rating data, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your 2 can result in significantly higher rates.
Safer cars cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if you are determined to be liable for an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Insure car and home with the same company – Lots of insurers give better rates to buyers who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to compare Mazda 2 rates in Minneapolis to verify if the discount is saving money.
Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as judges, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals generally have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs like professors, students and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Get affordable rates on Mazda 2 insurance in Minneapolis with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance can be pricey, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and place coverage with the same company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Minneapolis may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used 2 is cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will definitely lower your overall bill.
Auto insurance companies who may offer these benefits possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply everywhere.
Buying from insurance agencies
Many drivers prefer to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Minneapolis that can give you free Minneapolis car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- If they are an independent agency in Minneapolis, which companies do they recommend?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
If you would like to find a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are Minneapolis exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you will want to get quotes from a few independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Below are independent agents in Minneapolis willing to provide rate quotes.
2736 Lyndale Ave S – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 872-4004 – View Map
Compare but don’t skimp
You just learned a lot of techniques to compare Mazda 2 insurance premium rates in Minneapolis. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the smaller companies. These companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper Mazda 2 insurance in Minneapolis is attainable online and with local Minneapolis insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer price quotes online and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Minneapolis Car Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)