If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get budget auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Minneapolis. This can be done by following these steps.
- Read about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Start a quote
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate with your vehicle’s registration.
One thing to remember is to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
We don’t have to tell you that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around annually will presumably buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study showed that drivers who regularly shopped around saved about $860 a year compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of how to quote and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier.
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Insurance Costs Can Be Reduced
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are just a few of the factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
Credit score impacts premium premiums – Credit rating is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG by repairing your credit.
Gender and insurance rates – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. They both cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get cited for more serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Avoid traffic tickets – Having a clean driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Even one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with license-revoking violations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The lowest performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Discounts can help save money on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Minneapolis
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Minneapolis auto insurance online.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a small discount on rates.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents get the best insurance rates when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Minneapolis auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Popular insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, multi-policy, annual mileage, ease of repair, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for homeowner, youthful driver, business and professional, distant student, electronic funds transfer, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for safe vehicle, good student, multiple vehicles, paperless, and group or association.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly married, new move discount, multi-policy, newly retired, and new graduate.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, safe driver, multi-car, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- USAA may have discounts that include safe driver, driver training, family discount, vehicle storage, military installation, multi-vehicle, and good student.
Double check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Minneapolis, follow this link.
Cover all your bases
We just presented many ways to reduce Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance prices online in Minneapolis. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
When getting Minneapolis auto insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where someone dropped full coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)