How many times have you put off comparing quotes for cheaper Audi TT RS insurance in Minneapolis? Are you tired of paying out the nose to pay auto insurance each month? Your situation is no different than many other vehicle owners in Minnesota.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in Minneapolis could pocket nearly $1,040 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue how much they could save if they just switched companies.
Steps to finding cheaper Audi TT RS insurance in Minneapolis
The preferred way to find affordable Audi TT RS insurance is to do an annual price comparison from companies that sell auto insurance in Minneapolis. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for more details to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper TT RS coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Vehicle owners have so many insurers to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to find a good deal for Audi TT RS insurance in Minneapolis.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Minneapolis is much easier if you know where to start. If you already have coverage, you should be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. You just have to understand the proper way to compare price quotes from many different companies.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Minnesota. To get cheaper auto insurance in Minneapolis, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Get discounts on Minneapolis insurance
Insurance is not inexpensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get better insurance rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better premium rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Active Military Service – Having a family member in the military could mean lower insurance rates.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include federal employee, air bags, seat belt use, defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good driver, professional/association, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, good student, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for distant student, electronic funds transfer, multi-car, teen driver, mature driver, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for mature driver, anti-lock brakes, multiple vehicles, anti-theft, and group or association.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly married, new move discount, good student, new graduate, exclusive group savings, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safe driver, drive less, teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and multi-car.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and multi-policy.
- USAA may offer discounts for driver training, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, military installation, loyalty savings, annual mileage, and new vehicle.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be offered in Minneapolis.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Audi TT RS insurance, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Audi TT RS, it’s guaranteed your bank will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Audi for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Audi as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Car insurance agents can help
A small number of people just want to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Minneapolis who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You won’t need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Minneapolis?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Minneapolis?
The different types of auto insurance agents
When looking for a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both sell auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the differences since it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Minneapolis willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you include price quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Minneapolis willing to provide comparison quotes.
Semlak Miernicki Insurance Agency
2657 Dupont Ave S – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 208-0873 – View Map