Truthfully, the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates is to compare prices annually from companies in Minneapolis. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and poor credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper C-Max Energi coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new company. As soon as you can, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
A recent insurance study discovered that the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. insurance shoppers could save an average of up to $859 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes.
Affordable rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all possible discounts very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more common and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Minneapolis auto insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are just wasting money.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Allstate will forgive one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to study driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Distant College Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- E-sign – Some larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on the internet.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Some companies that have most of the discounts above are:
It’s a good idea to ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Minneapolis. To see a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Minnesota, click this link.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Minneapolis, MN. If you wish to find cheap car insurance in MN, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Will just any policy work for me?
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What does medical payments cover?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What policy terms are available?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
You may want advice from an insurance agency
Many people still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Good agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is emailed to agents in your area that can provide free Minneapolis auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If you need to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best company is decision based upon more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Minneapolis?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local Minneapolis insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can do a good job, but it is a good idea to know the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only use the same agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Minneapolis who may provide you with price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance: Karl Herman
3017 W 56th St – Minneapolis, MN 55410 – (612) 455-8844 – View Map
- Moon Lai – State Farm Insurance Agent
2718 Nicollet Ave #204 – Minneapolis, MN 55408 – (612) 870-0800 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Gretchen Frana
5445 S 28th Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55417 – (612) 724-4309 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Listed below are Minneapolis independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Skarnes Agency Inc.
1845 NE Stinson Blvd – Minneapolis, MN 55418 – (612) 354-2040 – View Map
- Abdullahi Ahmed Insurance Agency
1113 E Franklin Ave # 104 – Minneapolis, MN 55404 – (612) 432-9142 – View Map
- Horizon Agency Inc
11000 W 78th St – Minneapolis, MN 55423 – (952) 944-2929 – View Map
Auto insurance company ratings
Ending up with a good quality insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Minneapolis. The company information listed below could help you choose which auto insurance companies you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Affordable coverage is out there
A few companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents. Affordable Ford C-Max Energi insurance in Minneapolis can be bought on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We just presented many ideas to compare Ford C-Max Energi insurance prices in Minneapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Minneapolis Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)