Unimaginable but true, almost 70% of insureds have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Minneapolis could save about $1,000 each year just by shopping around, but they don't want to spend time to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
The easiest way to find better pricing on Honda Civic insurance is to annually compare prices from different companies who can sell car insurance in Minneapolis. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand policy coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One bit of advice is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
If you're already insured or just want to reduce your rates, you can use this information to get lower rates without reducing protection. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Minneapolis is much easier if you know where to start. Drivers just have to learn how to shop from many different companies online.
The following companies provide price quotes in Minnesota. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in MN, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Affordable Minneapolis car insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked for in order for you to get them. If you're not getting every credit available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting car insurance coverage on a new Civic can get you a discount since newer models are generally safer.
- Accident Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Sign Online - A handful of larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on your computer.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The illustration below shows the difference between Honda Civic yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Minnesota state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, air bags, military active duty, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and five-year accident-free.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for student away at school, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, driver training, early quote, and multi-car.
- Nationwide has savings for business or organization, multi-policy, easy pay, accident-free, family plan, anti-theft, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include homeowner, distant student, switch companies, youthful driver, and good student.
- Esurance may have discounts that include good student, renters, good driver, Pac-12 alumni, DriveSense, safety device, and multi-car.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, good student, multiple autos, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, anti-theft, accident-free, ease of repair, and good student.
If you are trying to find affordable Honda Civic insurance quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies who offer discounts in Minneapolis, click this link.
Rates and statistics
The data table below outlines a range of insurance policy prices for Honda Civic models. Being aware of how insurance rates are figured helps drivers make decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$306||$326||$20||$98||$908||$76|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$362||$326||$20||$98||$964||$80|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$362||$326||$20||$98||$964||$80|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$158||$362||$408||$24||$122||$1,074||$90|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$362||$326||$20||$98||$964||$80|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$158||$362||$326||$20||$98||$964||$80|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$158||$416||$408||$24||$122||$1,128||$94|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$416||$326||$20||$98||$1,042||$87|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$416||$326||$20||$98||$1,042||$87|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$182||$416||$408||$24||$122||$1,152||$96|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$416||$326||$20||$98||$1,042||$87|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$182||$416||$408||$24||$122||$1,152||$96|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$362||$326||$20||$98||$1,010||$84|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$470||$408||$24||$122||$1,228||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can change coverage prices substantially.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can influence Honda Civic insurance premiums for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Lower Your Minneapolis Insurance Premiums
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the different types of things that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get cheaper rates. Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Low coverage deductibles cost more - Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are a dented fender, hitting a deer, and having your car stolen. Your deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Theft deterrents lowers premiums - Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Systems that thwart thieves like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
How's your driving record? - Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Just one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. People who have multiple tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can affect Honda Civic auto insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Married drivers pay less - Getting married can actually save you money when shopping for car insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Filing car insurance claims can cost you - Companies in Minnesota generally give lower rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you file a lot of claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Only buy what you need - There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren't diligent. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
Loss probability for a Honda Civic - Car insurance companies use past insurance losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that statistically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Honda Civic vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Values under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Honda Civic Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Civic 92 105 68 127 135 121 Honda Civic Hybrid 90 85 106 105 78 Honda Civic Si 126 97 117 124 104BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years