The preferred way to save money on Honda Clarity insurance in Minneapolis is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers in Minnesota. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives tips to prevent high prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Select a company
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. When you receive it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One piece of advice is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It’s astonishing, but almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Many consumers in Minneapolis can cut their rates by almost 50% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to do a rate comparison.
If you have a current auto insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the concepts you’re about to learn. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Minneapolis is actually quite easy if you know where to start. Nevertheless, Minnesota car owners must understand the way companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
Cheaper Honda Clarity insurance rates in Minneapolis
Auto insurance companies do not advertise all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Paper-free Discount – Some insurance companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on their website.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less can earn cheaper insurance rates.
- Onboard Data Collection – People who choose to allow their insurance company to track driving patterns by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Minneapolis car insurance quote as opposed to bad drivers.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Minneapolis car insurance quote.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts in Minneapolis, click here to view.
All the larger insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive give pricing online. The process is pretty painless as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into the form. After you complete the form, the quote system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information. Getting online rate quotes for Honda Clarity insurance in Minneapolis makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the most affordable insurance rates.
To find out how much you can save on insurance, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will get rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Minnesota. To buy the cheapest car insurance in Minneapolis, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Smart Consumers Save Money
Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating. Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could result in better car insurance rates.
- Avoid tickets and save – Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Just one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received license-revoking violations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Older drivers are lower risk – Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Drivers with little experience tend to be easily distracted when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher.
- Don’t cut corners with liability coverage – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- File claims and pay more – Companies in Minnesota generally give most affordable rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Car insurance policy lapses increase premiums – Letting your insurance expire can be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
It’s not one size fits all
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Should I buy only the required Minnesota minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Is my Honda Clarity covered if I use it for business?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Comparing quotes from local Minneapolis insurance agents
A lot of people would rather talk to a local agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from local agencies is important particularly in Minneapolis.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Minneapolis
If you want to use a local Minneapolis insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that you can select. Car insurance agencies are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not sell for just one brand so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, you need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agents in Minneapolis that can give you cheap rate quotes.
A Act One Auto Insurance Agency
2925 Glenhurst Ave – Minneapolis, MN 55416 – (612) 722-8010 – View Map
Minneapolis St. Paul Agency Insurance and Risk Management
2469 University Ave W – St Paul, MN 55114 – (651) 647-9665 – View Map
These agents write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Minneapolis that can give you rate quotes.
Deciding on an insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your Honda and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Car insurance companies ranked
Picking the right insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Minneapolis. The company information listed below could help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
- Titan Insurance
Top 10 Minneapolis Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
Persistence pays off
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
You just learned a lot of techniques to save on Honda Clarity insurance in Minneapolis. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Some companies may not have price quotes online and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents. More affordable insurance in Minneapolis can be found both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
More information can be found on the following sites:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Minneapolis? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Minneapolis Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- How Much is Minneapolis Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)